Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Buyer's beware of Burgard's Cycle!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer's beware of Burgard's Cycle!!!!

In September of 2002, I contacted Moto Joe's about a set of +2 a-arms for my 91 LT-250R for a flat track set up. They informed me that it may take more than one attempt to get them right for a good flat tracking set up. Burgard's makes a-arms for Moto Joe's. Moto Joe suggested I contact Burgard's directly, so I did. Izzy, at Burgard's, knew all about the camber issue of a-arm set ups for flat tracking an LT-250R. He took my order, and promised to work with me until they were perfect. Right...... He charged my card right away, and then took forever to send me the first set. They were off by 5/8" on both sides, giving me too much negative camber. I called and explained everything to Izzy. He said it was no problem and that he would send out a new set of upper a-arms to correct the problem........ I have yet to get them...... Call after call, he tells me lie after lie. They're on their way..... I thought I shipped them, but I didn't. They will go out today..... Oops, they're still sitting here..... He has used them all..... Give me your number and I will call you with a tracking number........

He refuses to refund my money. I aksed if he would refund half so that I could get someone else to make new uppers. He's not willing to do that either.

I have yet to contact my credit card company with the details. I guess that is my next step.....

Old 05-28-2003, 01:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

same here w/ burgard. I've had nothing but good from them. They have had awsome turn around and Izzy is awsome to talk to. So I have no clue why you have had such a problem with them.

Old 05-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

I highly recommend you contact your c.c. company. They are better equipped to deal with these thieves better than you or I. I'm quite sure they can handle it. Whether or not others have had good service in the past isn't the point. If we let this kind of thing go unpunished or unresolved it is sure to happen again. I just wonder if any of our fellow forum members live within striking distance? If anyone here had a problem with a company in my neck of the woods, I'd be more that happy to try and resolve their problems in a person-to-person manner. I had a 500 motor "stolen" from me and wound up having to make several trips to Mississippi before I retrieved it. Don't let this go on.

Old 05-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have only dealt with Burgard's this one time. I have no idea what the deal is. It would be one thing if I had twisted his arm to get the a-arms, but he knew right away about the camber issue. He promised to keep at it until they were perfect. Now I am stuck.....

I will contact the c.c. company to see what they say about it...... I wonder what lies he will tell them......

Old 05-28-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Nice....... My credit card company told me it is passed the time limit for them to get involved.

I guess I am stuck....

Old 05-28-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Mark if you do get some pics put them up ASAP. I wanna see it BAD!!

Old 05-28-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Mark, If I send you the top a-arms, will you make me a set of uppers?

Thanks!

Old 05-29-2003, 01:48 AM
Range Rover

FTZ---- I didn't have Izzy custom make a-arms for me, but I have had a similar experience with him. First of all Izzy Burgard is the owner and his screen name on ebay is quadparts. I purchased a-arms from him through e-bay and after about a month of waiting on delivery (for a-arms he said he had several pairs in stock), I received a-arms with their cheap nickel plate chrome coating chipped off in several areas. I contacted Izzy he said he would exchange them immediately. I sent them back to him and for the next month I was lied to on several occasions about them being shipped out( one time he would tell me they were shipped already and the next time he would tell me they will be shipped that day, he lies so much he forgets what he told you prior). I live in NY and Izzy is located in York Pennsylvania. The estimated shipping time is roughly 3 to 4 buisness days( that is the amount of time it took for the first pair of arms to be shipped from me back to Izzy). When I received the second pair 2 months after he billed my credit card they were as bad as the first pair, and also had weld repairs on top of the cheap nickel chrome coating. I refused the shippment from UPS and they were returned to him at his shipping expense, and I then called my credit card company and told them the situation and they gave me credit for the purchase after about a month or so of dealing with Izzy.

Look up quadparts on e-bay and check out his feedback, but I dont know if he still sells on their because he was doing alot of people wrong.

Old 05-29-2003, 01:52 AM
Range Rover

I looked his username up on ebay and he hasn't received negative feedback in a while so maybe hes changing his ways on ebay at least. As far as Im concerned I wouldn't buy anything from him.

Old 05-29-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Izzy is a trip to deal with. I am going to contact him one last time, and then I will probably put them on E-Bay.

I may look for someone locally to build new uppers.....

Getting parts is expensive enough without having to deal with this type of crap.....