Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400 - Are the axle problems addressed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Z400 - Are the axle problems addressed?

Has Suzuki addressed the axle problems on the '03 Z's or is that something they will do for '04? Also are the frame issues around the front shocks that common of a problem?

Old 06-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take it the axles still bend?

Old 06-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The axle problem has been fixed on the later model Z's. Suzuki says they have fixed the frame problems, but I have yet to see an '04 Z so I can't say for sure. If you do happen to crack the frame above the shock mounts, take it to a competent welder and have it fixed for $30-40 and have it much stronger than before. Simple fix, period.

Old 06-07-2003, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Guys this frame thing is very concerning. Think about the overall results of this. Someone could be riding thier Z400 and the frame breaks causes them to crash and seriously hurt or maybe even kill themselves. We have worked so hard to get the factory's back into the race scene and they are on the verge of doing so. This is bringing so many of the awsome quads we see today to us the public and all it would take is for one family or persons family to bring a case against one of the big company's and it could all be gone again.

I personly think if this was or is as big a problem as it's made out to be, that Suzuki would be covering thier butts via recall.

It's something to think about. Don't let history repeat it's self.

Old 06-08-2003, 03:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

thats exactly what i think about the z400 frame issue. if it where really a problem suzuki would have recived enouph compliants to recall the frame.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so that means that there are very few people complaing about this frame problem.

Old 06-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: gron
thats exactly what i think about the z400 frame issue. if it where really a problem suzuki would have recived enouph compliants to recall the frame.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so that means that there are very few people complaing about this frame problem.
I hope you're right and it is just a few people having problems. I haven't had none so far but I haven't had it on a track and I haven't got any major air on it. I have rode on some of the roughest trails around here, rocky creek beds and so on with no problems. I've had mine for about a month.

Old 06-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Range Rover

I wonder somethings how true most statements are on the forums.

RARELY is it ever someone who first hand says their frame broke. Usually its my brothers friends uncle's cousin's frame broke, and blah blah blah...Then its some guy with three posts saying his is broken.

Like the post by this moron. http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/344726.cfm

I have asked my dealer(who has solds hundreds of these bikes since the release) and he said not one came back with a broken frame. He did however say early models they replaced 7 bad axles. From talk on the other z400 only forums, the problem has been fixed for 2003. The 2002 models are the only ones having problems.

The axle problem was addressed very quickly. If the frames were truely a problem they would be recalled! A frame broken by someone who can't jump his quad correctly isn't suzuki's fault! I've seen a lot of different bikes with broken frames, broken swing arms and other bent parts. Its not just the Z400 its all quads. Abuse you bike and this is what you get. Now guys are turning it into people driving down the trail and their frames breaking in half. COME ON PEOPLE! Lets grow up a little and realize that isn't that happening.

Maybe a few people have gotten bad frames, or some of the earlier frames were bad, but if it was as bad as people are making it EVERYONE would have a broken frame.