Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

suzuke 500 v.s shee

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003 | 03:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default suzuke 500 v.s shee

because the suspention and build quality is far superior on the fourtrax.

(not that I dont like the LT, my bro has one and its sweet)

Oh, and I have a 88' Zilla too that I love.
But, build quality wise, durability, reliability, nothing holds a candle to the 250R.

Old 06-27-2003 | 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with ya on that Mr350X. I am a big Quadracer fan and I would pick the LT anyday over the TRX, BUT I still know in reality that the TRX is made much better with the Honda reliabilty. Honda is my #2pick after Suzuki.

Old 06-29-2003 | 05:38 AM
Pro Rider

I have an 88 Zilla, and a 86' Fourtrax.
Brother has an 86 LT250R.

I love my 500... I just love getting on it and starting it up in my tiny appartment garage.
Its so damn loud..... That big bore (modified, high compression) 2 stroke sound is, well it just gives me chills...
and wakes up the whole place.

But, when I climb on my 17 year old fourtrax, (cant have many hours on it though, its almoast like new condition)
It just feels so tight. The steering/bars have NO PLAY whatsoever.
When the motor is running, and I rev it up, there are no rattles, or any anfamiliar noises in that motor whatsoever.
(still has stock exhaust system including silencer) It just has a feel of quality. Honda built that quad right.

Also, I have an equal faith in Kawasaki.
My 97' Ninja 750 (ZX-7R) has 22K miles and is still VERY tight and solid.
It is a VERY well built machine. But if you happen to be into sportbikes at all,
you probably know this. It is well known that Kawasaki builds the most reliable bikes,
right alongside Honda.

Old 06-29-2003 | 06:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

The quadracer would be much better and faster. I kill banshees on my Tricked out LT250r. Quadzilla has tons on poer and speed.

Old 06-30-2003 | 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

You got any pics of your '92LT? Could you email them to me I would like to see it?

Old 06-30-2003 | 02:13 PM
Range Rover

if you are going to ride trails a 4 stroke is better.

my banshee stock was okay to ride trails but now that i have modified for drag racing it gets to hot in the trails a pukes, not fun at all!!!!

Old 06-30-2003 | 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Chrit
The quadracer would be much better and faster. I kill banshees on my Tricked out LT250r. Quadzilla has tons on poer and speed.
Umm, it might be faster... but it aint 'much better'.....

(than a Fourtrax)

Old 06-30-2003 | 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

If you have access to a LT500 BUY IT!!
They are rare and have a cult following. Incredible machine quite literally in a class of its own (only 500 2 stroke ever made). Our sports only rare collectable.
Banshees are the exact opposite, everybody and their brother own one, they must be the most sold used quad in history. I’ve never looked in the paper and not seen at least one for sale. Usually when I see a quad in someone’s front yard that they are selling, it’s a Banshee. Modded ones are fun in a straight line but that’s about it. Definitely not a good choice for a trail quad.

Old 06-30-2003 | 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

yep thats what i did, i bought a LT500 on ebay and am having it Flown to the UK tommorow, there extremely rare over here in the UK and ive been unable to find any reference to it on any UK web site, but thats not why i bought it,

the reality is im buying a quad when ive probably got better things to spend my money on, im hoping this will be the last quad i ever want . it would have worked out a lot cheaper to buy a sendhand Shee over in the uk wich are everywhere just like in the USA but i dont want to have to throw more and more money into it in the quest for power and satisfaction it seems logical to me to buy the most powerfull quad available at least then you got a good starting point for the future if you get a Shee then your gona have to spend a few dollars to get it up to the standard spec of Quadzilla so i dont see the point much in that, i can understand spending a bit of cash on a machine to give it a more individual touch but then thats another reason to stay away from any yamaha,

realy it will come down to your riding style and the type of performance you want from your quad.

its all subjective realy,
best if you can get a go on both of them before making a decision,

and remember there is no substitute for Cubes, Bruit Force and Ignorance.!!

Old 07-12-2003 | 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

got my zilla this week after a slight delay,

my first chance to get it going properly was today and whoooo what a day, damn things fast and it gets very fast very Quicky:0)

im Shocked to say the least,

get 1 m8 i know you wont regret it, and as for size it aint as big as some people may have you belive, and i was pottering around in 3rd gear with my 2 year old daughter on the tank no problem,

just pissed off that ive gota work till mid afternoon tommorow and ill only get a couple of hours on it tommorow,

Quick Reply: suzuke 500 v.s shee