Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT50 help please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT50 help please!

Hi, ok, my sons LT50 is only a few weeks old, weve been out on it al day and it cut out, no petrol left, so i got some petrol(after Ty went to bed) filled it up, tryed it and there was nothing at all in the pull, checked everything and still no joy, so i took the the pull start cap off to see if that was the problem, now ive never seen one of these before but i thought it would be simple and it is, there is a plastic bit, a tiny brass stlye piece with a spring holing it in place, the plastic moulding in the middle, and a bendy piece of metal, but i cant for the life of me figure out whick part turn the engine, the metal bit is too thin and bendy and seems to run outside the part it needs to turn and the other parts seem to run in the middle.

Any help greatly aprieciated(seriously he thinks were going out in the morning, hes only 2 and we will be going out as we have two PW80's but hes not big enoungh for them yet)(know its my first post i dont really expect help by the morning, i have been here leeching the vids for a ehile(ty loves em))

Cheers

(sorry for rambling had a few beers after trying to fix it(really stressing me out))

Old 07-14-2003, 01:53 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know if this will help, but, is the parking brake set?? If you don't set it the pull starter will do exactly what you are describing. I hope that's all it is..........

Old 07-14-2003, 08:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Mo offence m8.

But i doubt someone who goes through everything i mention trying, without putting on the parking brake, has the intelligence to make a post on the net.

What i really need to know is how the pull mechanism fits together, nevermind its monday, i can phone someone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2003, 07:38 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Some times it's the obvious, I don't know your abilities or intelligence so I start there. Next time I'll keep my "knowledge" to myself. Enjoy the forums newbie..............

Old 07-15-2003, 04:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Cheers anyway m8, sorry if i was a bit of a **nt in the last reply.

Turns out i am an idiot anyway, when i took it apart, the two metal parts were joined together solidly, so i presumed they were meant to be like that, they werent, after 3 of us stressing for 3 hrs the other night, my m8 took one look and put it together and started it in two minutes.

And yes i am a newbie, so hopefully i'll have enough money for the Banshee soon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2003, 07:27 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Glad to here it...........