Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Riding on the road?

Old 07-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding on the road?

In New York State is it legal to ride on the road if your quad is registered so you can get to a trail?

Old 07-17-2003, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer

If u registered it.It legal fo ru to go on state property and go to atv trail.like modena,newpaltz.And u can only cross the road by pushing it leagaly.But who wants to push it screw that,just cross the road.its only 10 ft wide.But if u make ur quad street legal, then maybe u can but im not sure since i never tried to make my quad street legal.Got to ask motor veichels.And i never registered my quad.I just drive down the road as fast as i can but try not to make alot of noise.Watch out fo rthe popo's

Old 07-17-2003, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer

But look on the bright side.When it snows at least 3-5in of snow you could drive on the road leagaly.Exspecaily on state emerngency.LIKe last winter in snowed like 3ft of heavy snow.You could drive an unregestered veichle on the road.but have to have a licence.To be on the safe side.Cops dont care at all. and if they did see u they would even think about chasing u if u had a fast quad unless it a little quad.

Old 07-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer

im not sure in new york but i know in ohio you can cross & ride on back rodes

Old 07-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

its only illegal if you get caught.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2003, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

When it snows at least 3-5in of snow you could drive on the road leagaly
I don't belive this, since I knew a kid who got a ticket for riding his sled with 8+inchs of snow.(in NY)

Old 07-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

It is NOT legal to ride on state in new york. When there is snow on the road your still on the road, it doesnt matter how much snow is on the damn road. Go to the motor vechile and get the laws and then you'll be sure.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Dashti2k3 what part of NY are you in? I went to an atv drag at a fair and i think it was a quadzilla that was kicking everyones a$$ by like 5 quad lenghts +[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2003, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

in pennsylvania it is legal to cross roads and to ride on the berm for short distances when trail riding if u have your quad registered and insured thru the DCNR (department of conservation and natural resources) with a liscense plate on the back of your quad, also your allowed to ride on roads when the state declares a state of emergency, but i'm not sure about other states.

Old 07-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

don't belive this, since I knew a kid who got a ticket for riding his sled with 8+inchs of snow.(in NY)
I had an experience with a cop once.I was at a stop light just down the hill from my house in town when a cop made a turn in the road i was in.I stood there a the red light with the engine running. the cop had the window down a litle for some reason maybe smoking, and he drove right past me.And this was in the afternoon when there was light out.

Old 07-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer

I live in kerhonkson 30 min away from kingston.And i havent yet gone to a drag race.BEsides some peopel riding there quads and sleds in the snow.Oh and MBrooks420 how did teh kid u knew get a ticket.HE stopped in 8in of snow?That was a mistake.Btu have u guys ever herd of a state emergency?U know when theres a lot of snow and the powers out things like that.Im sure u had a few last winter.If u lived in NY.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Riding on the road?