Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Questions About `89 LT250S

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 11:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions About `89 LT250S

Does anyone know where I can get info on hop-ups for the LT250S four stroke? Also , does anyone know where other aftermarket parts for this quad might be available ? Thanks in advance for any info you might have.

Old 07-22-2003, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Try Goldenwestcycle.com. I have their catalog and it has a cam and heavyduty springs and retainers in it for the 250. They also have a white brothers Mikuni carbkit that is bigger than the stock carb (30mm I think) for the LT230 BUT I'm sure you can rejet so it works on the 250. You can get three different COBRA pipes for it. You can get a bigbore kit for I THINK from POWROLL, its not on their website anymore but I think they can still do it. I haven't found a pair of nerfbars for it although I think 230 ones will work. Things are hard to find for this rare machine. You can get aftermarket shocks from WORKSPERFORMANCE. For aftermarket a-arms and swingarms nobody does anything for them except for Mark at HSD RACING. I believe he can do something in that area for ya. AND there isn't an alternative for plastic you have to buy factory plastic.

Hope this helps ya.

later
Superstar

Old 07-23-2003, 07:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks very much. I`m in the process of checking into these places as we speak

Old 03-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi JayJay,
any luck with hop-up parts for your lt250s, I am looking for a high compression, big bore kit and was interested to know if you found one for yours?
Also mine is modified in the body work, I have modiied some raptor front fenders to fit, with the raptor nose section, also have adapted a '93 KX250 rear shock, and modified the airbox so the shock would fit, now I want to start on the motor mods.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi guys,

Just finished a 1989 LT250S rebuild last year. Motor done by Curtis Sparks Racing. High compression, ported, cam, etc. Modified the outer diameter of a Mikuni 34mm VM carb to fit stock boot. Jetting is around 190 Main right now. Runs great. Cobra alum exhaust + Sparky bolted to it nice and clean. Midwest Action Cycle still has OEM fenders for it, though I had this thing since new and took great care. Love the bike, awesome trail machine overall. Runs on 110 octane only now though... only drawback. Good luck!

G

Old 03-01-2004, 03:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Hyperfind,
I am trying to track down a high comp piston kit,- what piston kit did they use on your bike?
was it a powroll kit, or did curtis sparks make the piston?
thanks.
P.S. I bet it kills 300ex's now!!!!

Old 03-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yo Kiwi,

I think Curtis had to make the piston from another quad-spec Wiseco, it's not a "250S Piston Kit". The skirt had to be shortened. I'd contact him, he did some good work, better than Mickey Dunlap's Four Stroke Tech(previous motor work on same motor). BTW, if you DO start opening up the motor, make SURE you get the high perf. cam...I blew mine with bore and porting but stock cam on 92 octane. You have to go all the way once you start punching out and porting with this motor. And...I LOVE it. Sick *** sport quad now, and yes, though I am still meticulously breaking it in, it will shred a 300EX easy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 03-05-2004, 01:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks heaps hyper.
I am in New Zealand, And have found a local company who makes pistons, so i am going to contact them.
also I am definitley going the whole way with mine, i.e. 32mm mikuni carb, midrange cam, porting, exhaust, modified airbox etc...
also I have fitted a set of raptor front fenders and nose section to mine, and a '93 KX250 rear shock with modified bottom mount,-still sorting a few things out with this though- just gettin the spring rate right.
anyway thanks for the help, I'll keep in touch.
Probably try to get a picture once i've got it all finished.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Kiwi,

Lemme know if you need info or assistance. I can send pics of my finished project if you need them. hiperfind@hotmail.com

G

Old 12-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

i just picked up a '89 lt250s and it runs real smooth but somebody has stripped all the plastic.
could you send me pics on your custom job of the raptor fenders. i need a little help. my email is
jbonnewell@osigroup.com. Thxs

Quick Reply: Questions About `89 LT250S