Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

went to the local drags tonight......very interesting

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went to the local drags tonight......very interesting

Befor I get into this, I have to tell you I did not race tonight. It wasn't because i was scared or my quad broke. They never called my heat, just my number, then my first initial and last mane. By the time i had all my $#!t on it was to late.......THEY FREAKIN DQ'd me because they didn't call my heat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]. It was extreamly unorganized and the Sound system sucked, half the night you couldn't hear what they were saying. I was a little hot, but here's the funny part, my sister threw a fit!!! she went over and demanded my money back, lol. I got my money back and all was well ( not), I was just a little iritated [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]. Thats just not kool. Oh well, heres the good new, cueball89 took the open class 4WD on his p650 which was very kool. They gave him a free set of grips ( very nice grips) and 42 bucks. also, I say a YFZ race a piped Z, and I didn't think it was all that special. either that guy was doing something wrong ( more likely then not) or its been made out to be more then it is. v-force was smoking the rappy's untill he hooked up in the finals and almost stood it up on the grab bar. same thing happened to a guy on a shee, but he wasn't lucky enough to save it, had to get off and push it over. and it is now 1:30 in the AM and i just got home 15 min. ago. I need sleepy, night fellers

Old 08-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

No predators?

Old 08-03-2003, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, there were only 2 preds out of 244 people, and i was the only KFX and there was only one guys on a z. the preds kicked some serious @$$. one wheelied off the line (nearly flipped) and held it to third or forth gear and still beat a rappy. then later that night he raced another rappy, but that one red lighted. the pred still had a good run even though he had none to run with.

Old 08-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

How did the heat with the piped z and yfz go? Have you got a chance to race one yet, Bone? If you got any tips to help me with my launches I'd appreciate it. Oh have you raced many 400ex's and how did you do against them?

Old 08-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

A modded z lost to a modded 400ex, the 400 ex was lower. I dont know what kind of modds they were running. I think both of them had pipes. The preds did really well they were giving the raps a run for there money. The people running the event had a special 250hp quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That thing was fast.

Old 08-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Man that sounds exactally like my family.. My sister is 18 and you can't tell her NO. She went off on a old lady one time, I was so embarased because she did it in front of a big crowd. She also claws the hel out of me with long nails if I don't do what she tells me.. Man I'll be glad when she moves out. Stuff like that happend all the time, I seem to have bad luck too when it comes to racing.

Old 08-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

the class I was SUPPOSED to race was 351cc's-425 so the YFZ wouldn't have fallen into that class. I was not impressed by it.sorry about that mud slinger, i got my quads mixed up afain, it was a pred that raced the YFZ. cueball, i know what race your talking about, the guys was running a stock z, just lowered.WOW!!I must have been tired when i wrote that, its all messed up!! mudsliger, as for advice on starts, try to rev your z once everytime the yellow light lights up, thats what i did in practice. As for the YFZ's, if all of them do as good as this one did, they should be racing in the 90cc class. I wouldn't worry about 400ex's, there was one running in the super stock class i though i could take with my piped KFX. It was sad really [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . haha, my sister dus that same thing, but shes only 13 but her demands are that of a 16 year old. lol