Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

quadzilla....is it he fastest out there????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quadzilla....is it he fastest out there????

hi
i have a few questions for ya'. Is the quadzilla the fastest quad out there? WHat is the top speed of this bike? Is it a good jumper? How much torque does it have? How much does it weigh? Are they expensive? Are they worth the money? Are they easy to work on? And last of all where can i get one for under $2500.00

thanks for the info.

Old 09-09-2003, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

They are the fastest out there but, the reliabilty is't the greatest. The first batch of them came out, were the fastest. They did 105MPH out of the box. My mons cousin has won of thoes. He raced a truck and toped out at 108MPH.

Old 09-09-2003, 12:48 AM
Range Rover

My opinion if you can find one in good shape grab it quick. I have a 250 and a zilla and will not sell them. I am making my 250 a race quad and the 500 will look stock but its far from it. You can sink alot of money in any quad. For your ?? I havent rode a zilla much but I love the 250. I can work on them alot easier than the new 4 strokes.

Old 09-09-2003, 12:55 AM

with all factors considered, the quadzilla is probably 'the fastest quad out there'. it's for the real men.

the early models had problems. big problems that are easy to fix with a little money.

top speed? the legend says somewhere around 80 or 90mph stock.

torque? oh yeah. the torque is what the zilla is all about.

weight... eh... they're light for their size. look up the exact weight on kiwi craig's site or off road haven.

no, they're definitely not easy to really work on if you're new to the sport. i suggest taking your engine to a pro to have it done.

under $2500? uhhhh... good luck.

Old 09-09-2003, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: v700rider
They are the fastest out there but, the reliabilty is't the greatest. The first batch of them came out, were the fastest. They did 105MPH out of the box. My mons cousin has won of thoes. He raced a truck and toped out at 108MPH.[/

and one time at band camp....

Old 09-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I don't know about 105 the top speed stock was supposed to be right at 80mph which is the fastest production quad ever made. Now they will do over 100 with a few mods that I know.

Old 09-09-2003, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Not the stock 100mph Zilla again. Seriously though, the top speed on most stock Zillas is gonna be around 80mph. The 500s have a ton of torque, are relatively light for thier size and with just a few mods, can be as reliable as any other 2-stroke. I always looked at it this way; If you are buying a Zilla that has the original engine, you are going to need it rebuilt anyhow, so while this is being done, have the few shortcommings fixed, and you are ready to go. It is definitely not a beginers bike by any means, and I would not recommend it as your first sport quad. If you can find a straight framed one for less than $3k, I would jump on it. They hold a high resale value, so this may be a problem. There are usually about 6 on e-bay at any given time, search under "quadzilla", LT500, and LT 500, that will pretty much cover it. And dont be scared of an 87, they have the greatest power potential, but are hard on head gaskets, however this is not a serious concern as you can get it o-ringed.

Trending Topics

Old 09-09-2003, 03:01 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

I've had mine for several years, and have worked out all the problem areas of this beast, and it's pretty dependable. No one works on my machine but me, had too many problems in the past of having to fix other shops screw-ups.

As far as the top speed, mine is modified, and it topped out at 97.3mph at a strip. Anyone who ownes one can tell you that it isn't an easy thing to hit top speed on a trail/dirt road, or even the sand and feel completely safe, when everything around you is a blur. The 87's were 392lbs stock, and depending on what part of the country you're in, you can sometimes come across a pretty good deal on a decent one.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

Old 09-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Range Rover

The Quadzilla is faster than the YFZ450?

Quick Reply: quadzilla....is it he fastest out there????