Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Stump removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 12:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stump removal

Can you really use a Suzuki QuadRunner 500 4x4 to pull up stumps?
I readed in their owners manuals that it has one of the highest stump pulling power available in an ATV.
I know it has the 4wd low option available, but can it really be used to pull stumps?
Does anyone have any practical exterience in using one for this purpose?
Do you really use a chain and attach it to the trailer connector? It looks awful fragile!

Sorry for all the Questions, trying to decide if this ATV is what I need as a utility vehicle!
James

Old 09-12-2003, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stump removal

It MIGHT have the power to pull a small stump, but most likely unless you are pulling something very small you'll just end up spinning your tires instead of going anywhere.

Old 09-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stump removal

If you want to pull out stumps you will need a tractor or a large winch. "stump pulling power" just reffers to low end grunt, not actual stump pulling. I highly doubt any atv would pull a decent sized stup from the ground.

Old 09-28-2003, 05:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Stump removal

Pulling an actual tree stump out of the ground with a D-5 Size bulldozer is tricky. No ATV ever made could pull more than a 1-2 in stump from it's root. The fact that you even asked such a silly question is very scary. I feel all the more stupider just for reading that. If you want to do stump removal, get a stump grinder. Dont pass up an ATV because it wont pull stumps. A fullsize 4x4 pickup truck dually diesel wont pull more than maybe a 5-6 in stump from it's root. Think about it!!!!!!!!

Later!

Old 01-12-2021, 10:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Tree Trimming Pompano Beach team are very responsive and knowledgeable, tidy and has had no damage to homeowners garden lights and garden ornaments. All of the men climb and clean up. They have compact efficient powerhouse crews that are well orchestrated.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The word "stump" means different things to different people. For some folks, a stump is a small 1" tree size. For others, its a huge 10" wide tree size. Ouch! I've pulled small shrubs out with my 4x4 ATV. For it, I simply dug around (cutting through all horizontal roots) and at the end, only the small tap root remaining. My ATV in 4x4 mode in "bull low" gear pulled it out with ease. Same method with a 2" wide soft wood / small tap root evergreen tree removal as well. Not too sure if would use my ATV for pulling out anything larger out. re: High Risk of splitting the ATV's axle - ouch. For anything larger, use a proper size larger tool - like my neighbour's 4x4 Pickup. Or, the other neighbour's John Deere 955+ Farm tractor.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have removed the stumps with the help of tractor and without the help of tree removal experts i have done its removal easily.