Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Friend dieing from z400 crash please pray..

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friend dieing from z400 crash please pray..

His name is nick and thanks... we think for sure by now that he will most likely live though so thanks for your prayers but keep them comming![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2003, 08:48 PM
Range Rover

I feel for your friend and hope the best comes out for him, but someone should smack the **** out of his mom! How in the hell is it that ladys fault that he hit the cable? Cable up or not it's not her fault, seems to me they should have been more careful. Even if she told them the cable was up I bet he still would have hit it, seeing how he didn't know exactly where it was. I've been out riding a couple of times where I was haulin a$$ and almost hit barb wire fences because I didn't see them till the last minute. If I hit them it wouldn't be the property owners fault, it would be mine. Fact of the matter is you are taking a chance every time you step on something motorized and nobody can make you take that step but yourself!
I hope your friend turns out ok.

Old 10-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

Hello it kinda is there fault because its not a county cable #1 the cable had no signs#2 it was right behind a sharp corner#3 and the last reason is it wasnt even visible#4 keep on giving good replys though

Old 10-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer

It's not the ladies fault. That's her property and she doesn't need to have any signs marking cables across a road on HER PROPERTY. Last year I got slapped in the neck by a cable that some jackass construction workers had between two trees, it was technically my fault. I was riding on the land illegally. Though your friend was riding with permission it's still her land and it was not her fault. If he would have hit a tree would it be her fault? Nope. Best of luck to your friend.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

my thougths and prayers are with him too. the same thing almost happened to me. i was riding home and someone put a chain right between these two trees around a tight corner. it scared the freakin crap out of me i would have gotten close lined and maybe seriously injured. i am very glad to hear that he will probably be ok

Old 10-20-2003, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

I hope everything goes well for him and his family. And this just shows we all need to be carefull.

However, hitting the cable was not the womens fault. If this was a know trail and then the lady put the cable up to stop atv's, then it would be her fault. But since it's on her land, she had the right to put up the cable. Then by her giving him permission to ride on her land, it was up to your buddy to scope the trail first before flying down the road. This is the reason why many property owners won't let people ride on there land. Someone gets hurt because of there lack of common sense, then they sue the owner. Again, I hope he pulls through, but the accident was his fault, not the womens.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

He's got my prayer, whether it was his fault or not.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

About the rope:
I am not sure if they put it up on there property, I think they may have put it up on warehouser property, to stop quads before they came to there property, but im not sure yet I will end up finding out more about this tomorrow.

Old 10-20-2003, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

Is the bike ok?

Old 10-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

either way i think it is the ladys fault.. i know up here in maine it would be...
all cable going across a trail must be marked by some sort of flag or warning signs... you cant see a cable that well and that cable could have cut his head off!

Quick Reply: Friend dieing from z400 crash please pray..