twin peaks 700

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003 | 02:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default twin peaks 700

Bladebite,

Oh where to begin?

Let me keep it simple and short.

You aren't going to touch ANY sportsman in ANY catagory with ANY Suzuki, period. No Vinson, Eiger, King Quad, or Quadmaster [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img].
I don't just mean drag racing either. The ride, the ability to pull your sorry a$$ out of the mud when you get stuck, getting through the thick stuff, the handling, the speed, the comfort...need I go on? I can certainly handle my sportsman 600 just fine and can keep up with any other quad on the trails, minus the big sport quads of course.

It sounds like you were also riding a broken quad when you wrecked. Why didn't you fix the hub first? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Can't blame the quad for that, it was telling you to "fix me!", guess you didn't hear it.

Iv'e been in some very deep water and mud and throu 2-3 feet of snow---never a slipping belt. I also put it in Low when I do this like you're supposed to do. Like the manual says just in case you didn't..errr couldn't read it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. Low range should be used below 11 mph, not that hard to do.

So bring your Quadmaster 500 over to WV and see if you can smash my Sportsman 600...or don't, because you know I'll smash you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 11-11-2003 | 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default twin peaks 700

Originally posted by: Polarisman3210
I rode my quad for 3 years and lost only $500 on it that's why I sold it.
I was thinking of selling it anyway, but when I was made that offere, I couldnt refuse.
Then it was just looking for the best deal.

I can understand the best deal. Still if the water in the well is good......

Then I think it's time to change your ID.

Old 11-11-2003 | 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default twin peaks 700

I can keep my id whatever I want
Why dont you change yours to a$$

Old 11-13-2003 | 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default twin peaks 700

Originally posted by: Polarisman3210
I can keep my id whatever I want
Why dont you change yours to a$$

Oh that's a good one dude, you got me there. I just can't come back to such a put down. Man that's much more than I expected from a 12 year old. Must be past time to take your ridelyn. Forum rules don't allow the use of that name. But from you post I can see they do allow those people to post here.

BTW, I was just kidding because you no longer ride a polaris.

Old 11-13-2003 | 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default twin peaks 700

Yep, you caught me, i'm 12 yrs old, started posting here when I was just 10 years old.
Until my suzuki proves to me that it's the best, I'll keep my name as it is.

Old 12-04-2003 | 04:10 PM
Range Rover
Default twin peaks 700

Just thought I'd come back to clear a few things up: The reason why I had so many Sportsman class poohlaris' was that myself and several people I ride with decided to do this whole "Buy American" thing. Which, our country certainly has many quality products to offer a wide array of markets but, Poohlaris is absolutely not one of the icons of American craftsmanship.
Do your research and you'll find that Poloaris has worse maintenance records than even the old Harleys ever had. This is not opinion, it is statistical facts. This not only comes from my personal expierience, nor simply trail-talk, but was presented to myself by a Polaris dealer, who also sold Suzuki, Yamaha, Cat. Words were "I can sell you anything here, and will make more money per unit by selling you a Polaris, but the truth is that it's the worst dollar spent" He went on to show me the consumer fact sheets which clearly detailed Polaris as being the most worked-on ATV in the USA, and certainly the most returned to his motorports for repair, with the shortest in-service time.
As for why I purchased four before concluding it was ill-spent money; Actually, I had more than just the four Sportsman. I also had a 400L Sport( Which turned out to be about as sporty as a John Deere) and a Scrambler 500( Which ended being the only Polaris that did anything in the way of earning it's keep) The Scrambler, although still quite the lumbering machine with ergos to match, did at least offer some stabliity, mainly due to the swingarm system. It was also a bunch more forgiving to rider error, which, I don't care how long you've been in the saddle, you're going to OOOPS! from time-to-time, or you're not really riding. At any rate, if not for the problems with the concentric drive( Mainly the chain that never should've found itself on a machine that large with that much torque) I may have found that machine to be money well spent, and did actually have a great time while I owned it, and would be the ONLY Polaris I'd ever recomend anyone buy, but still yet, be ready to use your tools frequently.
As for the 4-drive hub issue; The first machine was all of two months old when it first showed the ugly problem, and found itself at Greenfield Motorsports here in Idiana the day it malfunctioned. They tore it down and the fluids were perfctly clean. They cleaned it all out anyway and off I went. The very next day is when the first big crash took place as a result of the stuck hub. It dertroyed the quad and much of my back and legs. Insurance paid for both and I decided that it was just a fluke with that particular unit. Even though the fellas at Greenfield said that was not the first time that month they had witnessed that same odd problem.
I later purchased the Remington eddition that made it all of a couple weeks before it started the same thing, and this time the machine hadn't seen anything but smooth trailing. Heading home one day I decided to drop down a bank to cross a creek and it was on. I now have a life-long limp. That will be the last polaris I'll buy.
By-the-way, butt-head, it's funny that your handle has TOWTRUCK in it, as you're sure to need several down the trail with the machine you have. As for pulling a body from the mud, well, an IH tractor would as well, but I'm not sure I'd take it trail riding. As for using low-range under 11mph, well, if your riding consists of "11MPH", you'd never be able to ride with us anyway...go home little boy, this riding isn't for you. You should come back with your RadioFlyer.

Old 12-04-2003 | 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default twin peaks 700

Do your research and you'll find that Poloaris has worse maintenance records than even the old Harleys ever had. This is not opinion, it is statistical facts. This not only comes from my personal expierience, nor simply trail-talk, but was presented to myself by a Polaris dealer, who also sold Suzuki, Yamaha, Cat. Words were "I can sell you anything here, and will make more money per unit by selling you a Polaris, but the truth is that it's the worst dollar spent" He went on to show me the consumer fact sheets which clearly detailed Polaris as being the most worked-on ATV in the USA, and certainly the most returned to his motorports for repair, with the shortest in-service time.
Well said!

Old 12-04-2003 | 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default twin peaks 700

*Applause* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Way To Go. Poolaris Is Ok. I Would Never Buy One Though. Im 100% Suzuki.

Mav

Old 12-04-2003 | 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default twin peaks 700

I can only go by what I have encountered,. and so far, my polaris beat the hell out of the Vinson I have now.

And I dont know how you are saying the Scrambler you had, and the 400L are different
they are they same chasis and everyting, just a different motor, and actually, they put out about the same power.

Old 12-04-2003 | 09:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default twin peaks 700

I'll keep it short and simple.

First, I've never been towed, ever. Not out of the mud or woods or anything, but I have towed a fair share of Honda's, Yamaha's, and Suzuki's. I would say Kawasaki, but there isn't any that we ride with, but I'm sure if there were, I'd tow them too. Second, I am only in Low when I'm in deep mud, going up very steep hills, rock-climbing, or when I just need to go very slow aver something. Other than that I am in High gear.

By the way of your tone, you sound intimidated by me. You should be. And I'm quite sure that I could hang with you on any trail.

As far as a Radio flyer, we do have one, with air tires no less. It's for my two daughters. I'm 29, so don't call me a little boy, unless you're 70.

Polaris Sportsman 600, 680 miles, and very dependable.
Polaris, The Way Out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: twin peaks 700