Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

First and last Suzuki Vinson purchase...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very

After spending many hours on this site, talking to friends, and visiting the showrooms, myself and a riding buddy purchased a couple of 2003 Vinsons from a dealer in North Idaho. With aprox. 200 miles on my bike, I decided to see how it would look laying on its side in the middle of a skid road ( okay - I rolled it ).I delivered the bike to the dealer I purchased it from, and that is when the problems started. To make a long story short, I have waited more than 10 weeks to have the bike repaired. Parts needed were: Handlebars, front rack, undercarriage that the front rack bolts to, and 1 grip assembly. Repeated phone calls to the dealer during this 2.5 months involved conflicting stories about what part(s) they were waiting on. I finally drove the 120 miles to pick up the bike, and they had to remove a front rack from a new machine to put on mine. Half of my warranty expired while waiting on these people, and when I get it home, I noticed that the top plastic is pushed back to where I can only see half of the fuel gauge, the thumb throttle is so sloppy that it feels like it will fall off, and a screw on the rear fender is missing. The sales manager assured me that the warranty would be extended, and I would receive a phone call confirming the fact. That was 2 weeks ago, with no reply. My question is, am I the only one that has run into these problems? I have not found a Suzuki contact on their corporate web page, and the dealer is no help. If anybody has a contact source on the west coast for Suzuki customer service, a reply would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default First and last Suzuki purchase...

lots of dealers just like that

Honestly,,,learn to work on your own stuff,,,,or find a good atv mechanic (and treat him good).

Dealerships will usually only increase your blood pressure.

I stay away at all cost. I dont even want there darn warranty,,,,,I dont even want them to assemble my bike.

Ahhhhhh,,,I feel better now.

Old 11-02-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default First and last Suzuki Vinson purchase...

i had my bike at the dealer for 5 mounths and then they told me they lost it damn them this was JIM MORONEYS CYCLE, NEW WINDSOR NY

this was also in for the warrenty. btw stay away from this dealer at all costs they are crooks and are very dishonest as well as bsers

sorry to down them but i am warning fellow atvers everyware

Old 11-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am not a mechanical idiot, I just thought I would eat the insurance deductible for the peace of mind of having the dealer give it a once over and to make it new again. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would take close to 3 months to bolt on a rack and a set of handlebars. Now I am out of half of my warranty, and the bike still is not right. I have since found a California address for Suzuki customer service that I will send a letter to, and have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for the Post Falls, Idaho region.

Old 11-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

eastwa, check your Private message area

Old 11-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

I too rolled my vinson and bent the parking/neutral/reverse lever, bent the front rack, bent the subframe under the front rack, bent the handlebars and broke a brake lever.
My Suzuki dealer is awesome when it comes to ordering parts and getting me what i need to fix it. Of course i did all the work myself because i would never pay someone to do the work i know i can do.
The only part i had a problem with ,that took about a month was the parking shifter assembly. That was also the most expensive part,About $160 .
I had to bend everything back by hand,with the help of my friends and know its all together and looks like new.
I have nothing to say but good things about my Suzuki dealer. They always come through for me and are always pleasent to work with. They also always give me 20% off of everthing i purchase. Real nice people.
Good luck.

Old 11-03-2003, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

its all about finding a good dealer. When looking for a machine its just as important to look for a good dealer. My suzuki dealer has been great, at least compared to a handa and polaris dealer that my freinds have to go to. Alot of the parts for the vinson are back ordered because the demand for them is larger than the supply because they are relitivly new. I had to order a rear light assembly straight from japan and it was here in about two weeks. The dealer said it would take 4-6 weeks. The moral of the story dont roll your machine and if you do mess up fix it yourself and dont get parts through the dealer.