Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Zilla fuel mix??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zilla fuel mix??

Hey Addict !!

GREAT MIX !!! My Zilla ran great, no fouled plugs, VERY Responsive, and not messy at all !!

If its cheap insurance, I'm buying!

is $35.00 too much to pay for a gallon of ams?

Instgatr - wierd how the same bikes can jet so differently. Alot of variables when it comes to jetting and setup.

My Girlfriend rode my buddys brand new Suz Z-400 yesterday , now she wants one... Im fighting the thump
thump thing, but I just might. It was a blast to ride.... She doesnt get the BADDATTUDE of the 250R she
mounts!!

Thanks for the input!
Freak

Old 11-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Zilla fuel mix??

Hey Freak,

That's great news... IT's all about the tuning/setup

$35 does sound a little steep... shop around a little. Gosh, it's been a while since I've bought any (A case of 1 gallon jugs lasts me a while)
I got tired of the 'dealers' screwing me on the stuff, so I became one just to buy my own stuff. I sell a little too, but not enough to make much diff.

Oh GAWD!!!! Don't buy a thump thump! Let her ride your 500! (You'll never get it back!!!)
I made that mistake, let my wife ride my 500.... Now I'm building myself another one !!
She didn't like the R either... Too busy on the shifter, and too harsh ride... She loves the power and rideability of the LT.

Regards,

Old 11-12-2003, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Zilla fuel mix??

Can your wife kick that thing cold ?? I have to work with my GF on the mindset of the kickstarter. Teach
her how to unleash her deamons on that ole kicker and fire it up. I think she will get it sooner or later. She
said what really turned her on about the thumper was electric start, and it was quiet. Not to mention the
ride of that thing was really smooth. I really want her to enjoy her time in the woods, and the experience
of the sport. Hey, if she wants a thumper bad enough she will buy it. Then I get my R back !! I really dont
want the Zilla as my primary ride. I dont want to tear it up too soon.

I'll be talking to ya,
Freak

Old 05-27-2004, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default Zilla fuel mix??

Resurecting an old thread here, but I thought it was applicable to my question. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Duneaddict, you said you use Amsoil Series 2000... I went on the amsoil site and there are different types of Series 2000 oil. Where did you buy yours, what container size, and what's the full discription/name?

Also, for a jet kit for our carbs (mine's a 40mm flat slide, by Mikunki I think) where do I get them? From the manufacture? Or is there a generic jet kit that has a set of 10 or so jets w/mains & pilots?

Thanks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default Zilla fuel mix??

Still affraid to change from Benol,would the Amsoil work with NOS as good as Benol???I've used Benol for year's and after every Drag season is over I tear down the engine and go through it,and the piston still has the factory ridge's on the piston with very minimal wear on it,no foulded plug's,and no carbon build up on the ring's or on the power valve,as well no wear,the crank bearing's and rod bearing are still to this day in Great shape tight,Just asking.

Old 05-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Zilla fuel mix??

Kev; Ams is now making a bunch of different products... the stuff I've been using with great success is the AMSOIL Series 2000 Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (Product code TCR)
I became a dealer myself so I wasn't getting screwed by my local Autoparts store... I typically buy this in quarts and gallons (ATV and sleds)

The new stuff is Interceptor or Dominator or something??? Haven't used any of that stuff yet.

Jetting kits? probably cheaper to just get yourself a handful of misc jet sizes in a range +/- 20 or so... I keep mine in a 35mm film canister... I know ESR sells a little chunk of aluminum that the jets screw into to keep them straight if you want to spend the $$..

Zuk: The ams works fine with NOS.... But not with Alky.. That's where the Benol shines. I've ran both, and didn't enjoy the same luck you have with the Benol... too much carbon, etc. for me. I tend to run things a little on the rich side however...
I think the Ams is good stuff... My most recent tear down showed VERY little wear for 2 years worth of running it hard.

regards,

Old 05-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Zilla fuel mix??

Duneaddict,you have never steered me wrong when I needed advice,so since I ve been using Benol,can I switch without trouble's.I've been told of people switching from one to another and haveing problem's do to compatability in oil's.Like Castor based and Petroleum based oil's,If it is cheaper and as good as Benol and I can switch without trouble's then I'll try it.Thank's Duneaddict..

Old 05-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Zilla fuel mix??

Duneaddict, sent you a pm.

Old 05-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Zilla fuel mix??

i would syggest the amsoil regular synthetic stuff in that beast or
the 2000 series at 50-60:1,,if you care,you should have a clue of what lean you can be with that fat synthetic stuff,it is just fat,i'm sure you can run a zilla at 80:1 with amsoil 2000.
also,it should work great cauze it burn more confident with lower revving
engines like the zilla does.
remember,octane booster save money.

Old 05-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Zilla fuel mix??

80:1,naaaaah,My engine rev's high,especially with the NOS.80:1 seem's too lean for me,I just would feel safe that lean with the fuel mixture at that.

Quick Reply: Zilla fuel mix??