Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad Rear Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2000, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what other King Quad owners have thier rear suspension set to. I have mine set to the factory settings. I notice that I do bottom out sometimes. I do both trail riding and mud riding. Also what is the easiest way to adjust the shocks (Lift the wheels of the ground)?

Thanks in advance

rjmlakota

Old 06-18-2000, 05:26 PM
Range Rover

what do you do to bottom your machine out? do you ride fast over rough terrain or are you cautious and it just gives too much? my king quad is set at the factory settings and i have never bottomed out because of weight unless i have a passenger on with me, and even then only once or twice. if you are a big fella try turning the suspension up a notch or two.

Old 06-18-2000, 05:40 PM
Trailblazer

I am not a big person (186 pounds). I noticed that when I go over bumps it usally bottoms out. I don't go over fast at all.

rjmlakota

Old 06-18-2000, 10:22 PM
Range Rover

I recently adjusted mine to the max setting. I like the increase in ground clearace and have had lot less bottoming out. Even when riding Quad on the Rocks, specifically Taskers Gap.

And yes the easiest way to ajust them is to get the weight off the wheel.

Old 06-18-2000, 11:08 PM
Range Rover

I have mine set at the second setting.I weight 205 and have only bottomed out once.Not to be rude .Why you rideing two people?It clearly states on the bike that you are not to ride double.I see rideing double as a good way to getting someone hurt......BOB

Old 06-19-2000, 02:07 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

There’s nothing wrong with riding 2 people as long as you keep the speed down. I’ve taken several people out on my quad with no ill effects. Dealerships sell add on seats for the rear racks, and insurance companies offer option coverage for passengers. The only reason foe all those warning stickers are so the quad manufactures have some sort of legal stance.

Old 06-20-2000, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

TG1, King is right. There is a real possibility of someone getting hurt when riding double. You've probably experienced riding on an uneven trail, where one side of the quad is low and the other is on the hump of the trail, for lack of a better way of description, but you're leaning left or right at a fifteen to tweenty degree angle. If you're doing 20 miles per hour, you will lean away from the slop. But the person on the back is put at risk because they either can't see the slop coming or they just plain don't have time to react. And let's face it guys. We like to share those good times with our families and friends. Kind of hard to tell them "No! You can't ride too!" I think you just have to use common sense. That's what the manufacturer's are doing. It's called cover your buns...
Chuck, Suzuki KQ300, GPS & lunch...

Old 06-28-2000, 06:27 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

ecorman1,
Well everyone has a right to their opinion and I wasn’t telling people to go rock climbing with a passenger. On flat, smooth trails like old gravel roads there is no harm in riding slow with another person.

Old 06-28-2000, 10:17 PM
Range Rover

does it jack the frame up alittle more to give you
a tad more clearance under the frame by notching
the shocks up a few?

Old 07-01-2000, 10:29 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks everyone for the input. I think I am going to put the suspension all the way up.

rjmlakota

Quick Reply: King Quad Rear Suspension