Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

300 king quad

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 300 king quad

WAIT!!! not over yet. So 581 your saying in your pics the "230 and ME" isn't really you. If not then why would you say 230 and me.

OK then, simple outright straight up answer, this one should be pretty simple....

How old are you?

Everyone else has been upfront about the age thing, how about you. What do you say.

Old 01-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

16, yes and sorry i am not as old or mabey as wise as you all . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but what i do know is that i ride, and will ride for life thats all that matters.

pic: bio: writeing:

for some reason when i go to put a pic in my bio, i had a pic of my 230 and me as it states, in the little sub title, however, i slected the wrong picture, i will have to fix that when i get a chance, k. thanks, and have a nice night

p.s. us norther boys are gonna try and not freeze to death.

i had on a full snomobile bib, gore-tex gloves, and heated hand warmers, and after 10min of outside my fingers felt like they were gonna fall off.

Old 01-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

Do not fret about us it is a balmy zero out but it is alot colder up by Fairbanks, I heard they are heading for -30 + tonight Denali Park is -25 right now. AlaskaBoy.

Old 01-15-2004, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

the locker has no in out, or air, it is all done by pressure plates, hubs a big cross pin, and a stiff spring(4)

here is how it works.

if the one wheel feels like it is not spinning, pressure, the springs and assembly come togeather and lock down on the big drive pin

but however when going around a paved turn the wheel will release, so one turns faster that the other also by pressure, now you might think"i am stuck, so what is this thing gonna do just clunk in when one wheel turns?" wrong, all of this action happens in a tenth of a second if that. i am going by what i have seen, in other words the ingagement-disingagement, is so fast you never even know you did it.

steering in 4wd is a little harder, forgive me if i have described it wrong, but after all i did do the install, and took the locker apart to inspect it. this is the best way i can descirbe it, actually i thought of a better way, the wheels are always locked togeather, but can release in a hard 4x4 turn and only in a turn.

http://www.highlifter.com/store/detroitlocker.html

i can show you the install instructions if you would like, the lockers are all different, and are not like the one in the picture.

v581, now im done. and if you all arent, well then dont know what to tell ya.

Old 01-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

16 huh. Yea I remember when I was 16. Faster than everyone else, smarter than everyone else, wiser than everyone else, better than everyone else, not afraid of anything, basically undestructable. It's SOP when your 16. Parents, older people dumb, you smart. More speed than brains. Of course you won't realize the error in all this until your older. Then your parents become smarter, wiser again. It happens in every normal 16yo kid. Yes kid. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

A couple words of advice when your 16, simply play it a bit cooler, listen more, talk less. That's how you learn. That's how people learn, look and listen. If you don't know or your not sure....it's ok to keep your mouth shut. Oh and on an internet forum, nobody gives a crap how much you can bench press. I can bench press 356#!! See...who cares. Those sort of comments to Alaskaboy really started to give away your age.

Also I hope you will "ride for life". boy did I think that to. Well after a dude cut me off in an MX race, 2 knee operations later and some soreness everyday, oh yea and a wife, 2 kids, thinking about paying for college and retirement. Well for a while you just might have some more inportant priorities to deal with.

And you might want to down play the "and oh btw for your info i have payed for all of my motorized toys, vehicles, whatever you want to call them , and payed for car also," stuff. So you started riding at 12, 13, 14, 15 years old. Uhh well when your than young it's really hard to find a job that'll buy $6000 atvs, snowmobiles and even a car. Not to mention $325 lockers, pipes, all the parts for a 230, etc. And I bet the lawn mowing season is much less than in Houston so that's out. No when your that young it's pretty much mom and dad buying the stuff and we all know it. And please no "I work at my Dad's business" OK because that's part of the family thing.

and one piece of advice to you and actually all the younger folks here, just be your age, don't try to act older. Make good decisions you bet!! Stay in school. But if your 13...be 13. If your 16....be 16, don't try to hide it and act older. Your 16 for a reason AND IT'S OK!!. And before you know it your 43 and loaded down with life and when your flying over a double jump you start thinking "if I land on my head and die who is gonna help my wife and kids".

Lastly a funny story. There is a kid in the country that helped my brother in law and I build my weekend place (yes I have pictures, actually a website), this kid is a big kid, 6 foot, 220, 230 but he was 15 at the time. Living in the country he's been driving for a while and had a lot of experiences, more than most for sure. Well my brother in law and i were talking about something personal regarding his business and the kid walked up and we stopped. The kid said, "why did yall stop? we're all adults here". He was serious, we laughed.

Later kid,
Rob

still wanting to see the video, say mail me the tape and I'll convert it.

Old 01-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

thanks you, i tell ya what i will ride as long as i can and body will permit, and btw, i am probley the luckiest person right now when it comes to being able to ride, just to let you know, throughout my life i have always had medical problems, and being sick all the time(sucks), beyond that fact, i am sorry to hear of your injurys, from racing, however i have have a bad back and knees(arthritis), since i was like 12. and other stuff since i was 5, so to me, as long as i can i will ride and ride, and yes i understand when i get older wife, kids, Dog, ect. other things will come first, as will work, but rideing is probley the best and most mind clearin sport i can think of, and i love it.

i am borrying a buds video cam so i can e-mail you the video. actually, i did by all of my vehicles, got the vinson when i was like 14, and the 230 4 mounths ago, to be honest basically my parents dont want a whole lot to do with the atv scene, except my father who drives a rubicon.

i just wanted to clear things up, and leave here as friends, and on a good note.

kyle