Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

need help choosing new quad

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003 | 06:31 PM
|
Range Rover
Default need help choosing new quad

hello

to start a have an 02 scrambler 500 4x4 and hate it . also ride my inlaws 98 450es and like it but it is slow and rides like a dump truck . i have narrowed it down to three quads ( not looking to turn this into one of those bs my dad is bigger and better than yours things ) all 2004's . suzuki vinsion 500 auto limited edition black , honda rincon , and rancher 400 at . i do ride with a lot of sport quads on our club rides but i like to ride last in line , dont need to ride like i am a cross country racer , like to play in the mud ( not nearly mud nationals deep ), snow and normal trail rides , also do chores around the house , plow snow , fire wood , trail breaking and clean up . i have a bad back so ride and comfort is important so far i like the seating position and feel of all 3 machines . as far as the transmissions belt drive is ok ( dont like the airplane sounds ) but am leary of the ranchers trans because of the lack of being able to fix it if it went bad , and i work in a car dealership so i see car trannys go bad all the time and wounder about the rincon a little . the tires on all three i think stink and would run 26 inch mud lites and 25 inch bighorns or hole shot atrs ,the suzuki has the best looking wheels of all and why did they put different size wheels on the rancher ( stupid ) . a lot of people dont like honda's drum brakes but i newer have had them freeze up like the disks on my polaris in the snow . dont really feel the need for a engine larger that 500cc but i still look at the rincon because or the irs . i will get the extended warrenty on what ever i get . yes i have looked at other brands but i am set on these three machines and i dont feel like i will be making a bad mistake like i did on my last purchase ( i like to ride more than working on them and i do take very good care of my things and probably do matainance and oil changes too often but dont want to have anything this many problems again ). help what do i do i dont have a three sided coin to flip to decide .... thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2003 | 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default need help choosing new quad

I think your best choice would probably be the Vinson. I don't own one, but I have heard only good things about them. Also the LE looks VERY nice.