Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Should i trade in the Quadracer for a new Z??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Should i trade in the Quadracer for a new Z??

Do you ride tight trails? Do you need or want reverse? Do you have to have what's new and hot?

The Z/KXF is an awesome quad, it can do everything. Powerwise it is very snappy and acts like a 2 stroke. The suspension is pretty soft stock but it rides nice and will only bottom out hard when slamming whoops or off big jumps to flat. But, the Quadracer is a great quad. It is better in more wide open terrain than super tight trails but it just takes more work to ride the tight stuff and its not as enjoyable.

If I were you, I'd just keep the Quadracer. It is competitive enough power, suspension and handling wise to the Z400 that I wouldn't worry that your missing out on something. Now if you had an original 230 Quadsport, then there would be no comparison, but the Quadracer holds up well to the new 4-stroke quads. The biggest difference is that the new quads offer the same or slightly better performance and are more civilized and versital.

Plus, if you do sell your Quadracer you will be kicking yourself years down the road after the Z400 is no longer hot and there is someother quad that is getting all the attention. The Quadracer is timeless since they will never build another two stoke quad. I'm glad I got mine.

Old 12-26-2003, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody trades a 250R for a 400EX, honda riders knows what is a classic.

You should follow honda's and suzuki's riders advices 2fast250 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Keep those 2 strokes alives [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2003, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

my opinion- dont trade that bike. you wont get crap for it anyway from a dealer (stealer).

Old 12-31-2003, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

It is better in more wide open terrain than super tight trails but it just takes more work to ride the tight stuff and its not as enjoyable.
- by rock rider

Hey who says riding hard isnt more fun? I know I go out for the rush and a little more clutch work and that 2 stroke snap gets my adrenaline goin like no other

Old 12-31-2003, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Try riding a Quadracer on a mile long trail to get into a canyon though an old growth Spruce forest while never getting above second gear. The trail consists of hopping over logs, fallen trees, crashing through brush, skirting around deep mudholes, up & down short very steep hills covered with tree roots and moss, and constantly trying to avoid getting hung up on rocks. It took us 45 minutes to go the mile. Those aren't the conditions a Quadracer excels in. Sure you can do it, but is it fun? No. But once you get through the rough stuff and into the river bed then a Quadracer is more in its element.

I just noticed you have a Wolverine. I had one back in '96 and this trail would have been ideal for it. But riding a 4x4 is so boring once you get out the of tight and technical and into the good areas. A four stroke sport quad is just better suited for the slow going than is a Quadracer.

Old 12-31-2003, 10:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: TheQuadSport230
Nobody trades a 250R for a 400EX, honda riders knows what is a classic.

You should follow honda's and suzuki's riders advices 2fast250 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Keep those 2 strokes alives [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Exactly why I just resurrected a good old 91 model. Maybe the age thing coming into play for some of us (I am closing in on 35). We have 5 four wheelers and 2 motorcycles. Only one motorcycle is a 4-stroke. All others are 2-cycles. Some say they are a dying breed,maybe so. But if they are not now, they will be classics one day and some will bring a hefty price tag (maybe that Suzuki you have?)

Old 01-01-2004, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

i would never trade a LT250R for a Z400 unless the LT didn't run at all and kept giving me problems, but even after that i probably would still keep my LT. i like the Z400's and all, but i love my 2 strokes even though they might need more maintanance, but for some people like me it don't bother working on them or going over them before going out on long rides. and another thing the 250's and the banshee will always remain as #1 bikes.

Old 01-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

NO!! keep the quad racer

Old 01-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

rockrider that was for the warn 424 revolution. I was just starting to get bored with mine then I added the FMF megamax and K&N and the warn 424 select. Man 2x4 makes that bike soo much more fun when you get out of the woods. Its about same speed as my friends yoshi proline piped warrior witha bunch of other goodies through 5th gear then the warriors gear is an obvios top speed difference but in the trails or even in shorter strait-aways it keeps up. My buddy has a Z and i can still spank him in the woods. the top speed or drag race aint gonna go up against sport quads but you can keep up with just about anybody in most all conditions and it sure has a lot more sack and a lot more fun to drive than any other 4x4 when you get out of the technical stuff. It has full highlifter dimondplate skids and renthal bars. next is 1.5inch wheel spacers from highlifter and 25" dirt devils all the way around. dont have the money yet cause i just bought a quadzilla. I love my wolverine its the perfect middle of the road quad. it is the everything quad I dont think anything compares to it. its small and relatively light (definatly light for a 4x4 475lbs, it has 9 inches of ground clearence, has sporty power with the pipe and intake, its a 350, not too big and bulky but enough to get me around fine (6ft 175lbs). It will go anywhere with any bike. I only have good things to say about it and I wont ever get rid of it.

Old 01-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

I'm guessing the Warn 424 is a part time kit? I remember back in '96 discussing the need for something like that with my dealer but it didn't exist. My Wolverine would have been a lot more fun had it a part time 4x4. Sliding, and spinning brodies is just too much fun to live without. Full time 4x4 just limits you too much and the heavy steering and grabbyness of the front end didn't make blasting though the woods very exciting. The part time kit would make it into a whole new quad.

The one thing I could never get used to was the weight. Even though the Wolverine was listed as 485 lbs, and that is light a 4x4's go, it still was a bear to pick up and try to get unstuck when in snow. Basically you had to ride differently and I wasn't ready to change my style.

I agree that the Wolverine is very capable. It was and is a nice quad.