Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

eiger performance up grades

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eiger performance up grades

my buddy needs to get some more power out of his eiger. I know there is a k&n for it and he is going to buy one, but i dont know of any other things avalable for that machine. Any ideas?

Old 01-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

Check out the FMF Powerline Exhaust, too!

Old 01-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

What is the sound like on the Powerline? I hear that it has no packing. Wouldn't that make it obnoxiously loud?

Old 01-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

I have posted this question several times myself. This must be the least modifiable machine on the planet. I know it runs pretty good and stock is the best way to make her last a long time, but comon, there has to be a way to get more lowend out of her. My dealer claims this is his best selling machine and he carries everything but polaris, so there has to be a merket for these mods. Eiger2 out.

Old 01-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

You're not the only one to post this. I have posted this question on several forums and have reaserched out mods. I came up with a list of things to do, just haven't forked out the money yet. Here is what I have:

k&n filter
FMF Powerline Exhaust
clutch kit
re-jet

Haven't found anyone that has any of these things installed. Actually I was waiting for one of the magazines (Dirt Wheels maybe) to do some mods to their "Project Eiger". Can't remember which issue it was in.

As for the exhaust being loud, who knows. But off of Dennis Kirk's site, this is what was said, so take it with a grain of salt.

"Exhaust noise levels stay down because of the low restriction, sound-canceling inner chambers; there is no fiberglass packing to replace or blow out"

Old 01-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't seen anything about springs in the auto trans for the Eiger but on the Kaw they all talk about a black spring like it is the greatest thing to happen to a quad. The pipe and jet kit are probably the big gest mods at the lowest price. My dealer tells me that K&N air filters let some dirt into the carb and will eventually eat at the cylinder and I will need to replace the piston and redo the Cylinder. I know a lot of people use K&N but I also know a lot of people have had to replace pistons- I don't know if they are related, some of these guys just tear up their machines anyway.

Old 01-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

I think I remember reading that UNI is a better filter (don't know if its true). Don't they have "outerwear" for these filters to prevent the dirt and stuff passing through?

Old 01-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

the k&n will give you more power and keep just as much dirt out as long as you keep the filter clean and use the outer wear. My buddy was riding his eiger today and as he landed from a little bump the thing just died. It will idel but it will not alow you to give it any throttle. Any body have any idea what this might be?

Old 01-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

Not saying it is the fix, but this kinda happened to me too. I drained the bowl and it seemed to run better. When I got home, I took the bowl off and cleaned it good. There was crap in there (black plastic shavings).

Old 01-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

This seems to be common on the Eiger when it is new. It is scary when it happens on a hill!
Take off the float bowl and you will prolly have some black stuff in it, when you jump it gets into the main jet and cuts fuel. Put in an inline filter. You may want to remove the carb and clean it, the jet may still be clogged.

Quick Reply: eiger performance up grades