Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Bandits(tires) for ZILLA all around...Good choice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bandits(tires) for ZILLA all around...Good choice?

Hey I have to get new tires for my zilla and was thinking bandits cause i just was thinking that. Anybody know how long they last i dont like shelling out tire money so how long they last is more important than if they are the BEST traction. I could also go down the road of getting like dirt devils for them. I saw a guy that had Tri-claws on his before but that doesnt sound like the best idea. Any reccomendations or opinons would be great!

Old 01-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

I dont think it is possible to wear out bandits . I have had a set on the rear of my 300ex for 4 years and now 1 year on a cannondale and they have almost no wear. The only downside is they are much heavier than other tires due to the extra deep *****. Excellent in mud and decent on hardpack. Worthless in snow and ice. I see a lot of desert racers use them because of thier puncture resistance . If you want a tire that lasts with high horse machines they would be my 1st choice.

Old 01-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

i probably wont be using it in the snow i have my wolverine for that. Ill be doing trail riding, some pavement, some slippery stuff but a lot of just dirt/grass trails

Old 01-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

imho gbc shredders are great. i have them on my zilla, bout 4 yrs now, with only minor wear. my buddy has them n his also, and hes had them for 7. his are prolly down to like 40 % left, and he bought them witha little wear already. i like the wear characteristics of them. they also hook up just fine for me.
aaron

Old 01-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

INSTY is right, Shredders are great tires and very though. SHredders, Turf Tamers, Holeshots, Fast Trekkers, you wont go wrong with any of these tires. I myself like the old school Fast Trekkers in a 20in size. They are light, cheap and tear s h i t up in a straight line. I dont know who carries them anymore though, check my pics, I have some on my Zilla.

Old 01-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

those shredders look like a pretty good choice and they are cheaper than the bandits. What about bandits up front. They seem extremely flat.....Advantage or disadvantage??? how does the really flat design affect handling in different types of riding?

Old 01-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

If you are looking for durability, then bandits front and rear would be a good choice. The Front bandits are awesome looking. Thier only downside is that they will beat you to death as they are a very hard tire.

Old 01-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

I used to have fast trekkers on the back of my LT and now have bandits. The trekkers would slide better than the bandits do, but had nowhere near the traction. It just takes a little more throttle to break the rear end loose. They are definitely much heavier than the trekkers, but a zilla has the HP to make that insignificant.

Old 01-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hey sam
do you reccomend bandits over trekkers,and how much heavier are they than the trekkers?
are the bandits a better overall tire?
thanks scott

Old 01-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

I've tried the bandits, front and rear...
They aren't worth the $$ as they are heavy, and traction is less than you might think (Side bite especially) with those big lugs...

They are bullet proof however...

Fast trekkers are really tough, are really cheap, and work pretty darn good... Rocky Mtn ATV stocks 'em...

Also ran the shredders... decent tire too!

Just hated the bandits, and sold them after 4-5 rides at a horrible loss... as they aren't cheap..

Just my $.02

Quick Reply: Bandits(tires) for ZILLA all around...Good choice?