Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

new suzuki 700 single release July

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new suzuki 700 single release July

My dealer let it slip - Suzuki is comming out with a new 700 single cylinder (not a Kaw. with yellow plastic). Has anyone else heared such a thing? Got any information on suspension?

Old 01-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

In the last two ATV magazines I recieved they both had a short few paragraphs on it. The articles say it will be a 700cc DOHC single cylinder with fuel injection. And it will have independent suspension both front and back. It says it will arrive in the Summer of 04.

Old 01-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Talked to a dealer yesterday. They told me the quad is going to be a single cylinder 650 with the independant rear.

Old 01-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

and its not the twin peaks?

Old 01-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4X4 King Quad to be out in 2005. Just another hulking, huge ute.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

its gonna rule. if i was into utes this is the one i'd own.

Old 01-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

its a dingle cylinder 700 ccc with efi and irs

Old 01-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

This is my first post here.

I sold my 91 King Quad 5 years ago but I'm itchen to get back in the saddle. That machine was rock solid and almost "indestructable". I went into a Polaris dealer looking for directions and I saw the SP700 on the showroom floor and started to look it over. What I saw got me stoked. Closer investigation brought a few things to light I did not like so much. Siamesed intake and exhaust manifold, Single carb, two valves, Front U-joint, radical engine-to-front differential driveshaft angle, starter relay located in the wheel well, funny dual brake actuation and I don't like belt drives. Other then that it's a very nice machine....ah sort of but I can't get past those shortcoming.

Just learned that Suzuki will be re-releasing the King Quad and from what I'm reading it looks like I may put one in my garage. A 700 single is a BIG piston but that motor should have globs of low and mid-range torque. I hope it shifts using "gears" with an auto clutch just like the KQ300. In addition to all the stuff that on it now I hope it has the following:

Totally flat skid plate with no "hump" which I imagine it will since it will have IRS.
Brutal steel rims like my 91 KQ had (double rolled rim)
holds lots of gas (it better)
Lots of suspension travel
Semi-sport ATV
Low center of gravity (the KQ300 is great in this respect)
Hi/Low range 4WD
close wheelbase
Electrical accessory jack
front and rear winch mounts
Good axle boot protection

I can dream can't I?

Suzuki makes an excellent product and I'm sure we won't be dissapointed. What is killing me is the lack of anymore information on this beast. Anyone got a new tid bits or perhaps spy photos. Please help

Old 01-14-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a pretty safe bet that the new KQ will give you most if not all of what you are asking for. After staying stagnant for so many years, Suzuki has become expert in introducing new quads that manage to be just a little better than their competition. I bet the 'Zuki R&D department has a whole garage full of Hondas, Yamahas, Kawi's etc. that have been torn down, studied and otherwise given their life to the Suzuki cause. The new KQ wll be no different. I'm expecting a Griz-like machine without those few little problems (Higher CG feel etc.) that keep the Griz from wining shootouts. Suzuki's been very good about staying competative on price - I'm hoping this continues with the KQ and it stays at 7K. EFI is pricy though. In any event, expect this new King to be a sporty utility bike, as opposed to the older KQ's work machine status.

As a former KQ owner ('94), I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with todays ATV's as compared to your old ride. If you just compare the stats of my old KQ up against my current Eiger, you'd think that the KQ would be the winner hands down. In reality, the newer Eiger out-performs the KQ in all areas - the only exception being the super low speed heavy pulling when the KQ's front locker gives it the edge.

Jaybee

Old 01-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

any one hear about the z450 yet when is it out or are they even working on this quad yet