Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Anyone Have a Zilla & LT250r????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 03:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Have a Zilla & LT250r????????

it says 85 on the listing i think

Old 02-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

The Tri-z wouldnt have dissapointed you. Its no ATC 250r but its still a yellow blur once you get moving. The Tri-z is an excellent machine also. I'd give my left nut for one. I'd just give both for a ATC.

Old 02-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

UKzilla, How much does it cost to import a quad or trike for the states ?

Thanks

Old 02-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

cost me £1450 to get the zilla flown on a 2day delivery from the mississippi, that was airport to airport,
flying works out weird cos they wont just go by weight it also goes by size of the crate,

its not realy worth doing on something thats commonly available in the uk, but if its rare then its worth it if you want it bad enough,

Old 02-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UKzilla
cost me £1450 to get the zilla flown on a 2day delivery from the mississippi,
Wow![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

i didnt have to pay tho cos it took em a week to get to me, it got sent to cali from mississipi for a couple of days, then back to mississippi before coming to the uk, i was tracking it anxiously, i was even on a site that gave me the speed and altitude of the plane while it came accross the atlantic,LOL
and the cost included import duty @6% and VAT@17.5%

im a bid peeeed off, i got home late tonight from working checked the LT250 auction and it had been cancelled, i sent the guy a message and he says the quad has been stolen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

none off my parts turned up from whitebrothers for the zilla, AGAIN
and i missed getting the payment of for the ATC,

on the pluss side i picked up the zilla frame from the blasters droped it to get coated and told them i wouldnt be able to pick it up till wednesday, got a call less than 2 hours later saying it was done [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] droped it at the shop and they had got the Z400 hubs fitted on the front of the Zilla so it should be back on its wheels in a day or two and ready for some photographs

Old 02-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

UK, do the z400 hubs fit on the zilla spindles or are you swapping the spindles and brakes as well?

Old 02-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

they have been fitted to the stnadard zilla stub axles, i asked the shop if it would be possable so they started by crossreferencing the 2 bikes on the microfishe, the barings are the same but in the uk the part numbers have been superceeded, the hubs fit but they made a spacer for the caliper i think the hub now runs on 2 bearings, also part of the mounting for the caliper had to be cut away so it could be spaced correctly, but i think its all prety strait forward.

ill get some detailed photos up later in the week, and get the full rundown of what was done from the shop mechanic

The Z400 stem also fits as long as you go for an aftermarket one and inch longer, although that continues to be a sore point at the moment,

the only reason i wanted to get the Z hubs on was to get onto the honda stud patern so i have greater flexibility for wheels,

i also wanted an antivibe stem and thought if i could get the Z to fit it would mean if it got dammaged i would find an off the shelf replacement rather than having one made to order for the Zilla,

the Z400 stub axles might have been an option but a costly one, they just need a different lower ball joint cos the jilla uses a pinck nut type set up and the Z uses nuts top and bottom,

Old 02-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Range Rover

I have both. What do you need to know? I will do my best to help.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

my dream bike is by far a Kawasaki Tecate 3 or tecate 4. kickass engines in those puppies. I've got the zilla now and i have the money but im still living at home and i dont have room for it all as it is the sled is outside and the zilla will have to be for a while when it comes back from the shop.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have a Zilla & LT250r????????