Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad Mods almost Complete

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2000, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last of my mods will be completed tommorrow. Only thing left is jetting. So far I have installed the ATV power kit by K&N and a Supertrapp IDS 2 Quiet Series pipe with 8 discs to start off with. Installation went well except for split knuckle and getting stock header gasket out of stock exhaust. After I get the jetting right I will post how it affects performance. I might be adding brake lights too, only if there is a way I can wire them to the stock tail-lights.

Old 01-08-2000, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey hunt365, I'm interested in how your mods. affect power. I've heard changing the pipe will give it more power. which one is best, and does it make a noticable difference. I don't care if it's quiter or louder. I'd just like more power. I run with some big boys, and they leave me at will.

As for using the stock tail lights, for brake lights... Here's the deal. You can wire the brake light switch up to them. And they will come on when you apply the brake.
However, those lights have single stage bulbs in them, so if you have the tail lights on already, they won't get any brighter when you apply the brakes. You will have to check on replacing the light sockets in them with some for double stage bulbs. =1157bulbs=
so they will get brighter than the tail lights when you apply the brakes..

Good luck, let me know what you do. I'm thinking of putting brake lights on mine. I'm tired of getting run over.