Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiger Problems!!!

P.S. Suzukis don't really suck. ask Kaw and arctic cat, they love Suzuki.

Old 02-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vinson581
wtf, thanks for nothing, now leave
Amen brother!

Old 02-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry about all the posts, I"M ON A ROLL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Dont get me started by dissing the Eiger [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

its ok i dont blame you, oh and btw the thread starter has never reared his face again, kinda odd huh?

my advise to him get out and stay out, and go smoke something else, cause this isnt his cup uh joe.

Old 02-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

Vinson 581, I've seen so many of your posts that I feel like I almost know you.
Traumawave, what kind of handle is that?
12" of water?? I've been in water a foot deep! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] thank you, i try and help people as much as i can, and i recive help as well, heck we all gotta learn.

i have sunk my bike and a sp500 h.o 3x's in watery mud well over the bars, have never bogged since the new HMF tho, muct be the extra surface area, and larger exhaust hole, meaning that it takes alot more water to bog it, and the pipes larger opening disperses water better.

i do admit i have over 2000 mi , on my belt water ands grit, and mud and all, has gotten wet, and i drain it, never a big problem tho, only doen it once, so no biggie. i do alot of times when i ride go in water rack deep or deeper, check my pics, and you will see i have a show and go kind bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer

Manuel Transmission are more reliable and durable, period. My belt only slipped for a few minutes? What if a wild bear or bigfoot was after you in the woods? When I had my eiger in water over my headlights I kept on going haha. It does suck though when your in high water and your belt starts slipping and your stuck in water up to your waist, that gasket will always wear out and get a weak spot where water will enter.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

oh, and mabey the tooth fairy, and the easter bunny, and oh mabey you are going to get raped by an ape. no just kidding.

all i am saying is a manual can slip to, hence oh man i need a clutch. autos gaskets seem to not leak, at least they dont on my 3 bikes

1. Suzuki Vinson-modded to max, have had belt cover off more than once, although on origional belt.
2. Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O- on belt #............. heck i cant remember, but i have the origional belt 1000's of mi and the heel clicker clutch rendered my problem. oh yea and it turns 28" zillas
3. Honda Rubicon- hydrostaic overheater. so far not as good as my vinsons auto belt tranny.

bottom line, in pulls or nomatter what, a auto constant keeping it within the right rpms, will win over a 5spd anyday. not to mention you have to put your foot down in all that $h!T.

thanks have a nice day.

dont get me wrong i love 5sps, the autos are just taking over,(technology and innovation) where the 5spd trans left off. bottom line, if 5spds are better, companys such as honda, polaris, and yamaha would use em in there high end bikes.

v581

Old 02-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

lol man you cant convince me a Auto on a ATV is better. On a Automobile, yea on certain vehicles. A Auto Clutch hardly never wears out and starts slipping unless you try to pop wheelies all the time, I have never had one mess up on my Suzuki machines.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

I said that the only time my belt slipped was when it she rolled over in the crick. I still had to be towed back to the camp, auto or not. Water doesn't compress so you have to get it out first. I could have tried to make er run but didn't think it was worth the chance.

The belt housing has an o-ring type seal so you can remove it for inspection.

In deep water I can put my feet up on the fenders and stay dry. If I need reverse, my feet still stay dry. This isn't the reason I bought it tho. Going up a steep hill where you lose momentum I don't have to shift in the middle of the hill.

We have a pipe we ride thru where the water is up to the headlight, The Yamahas that have gone thru have had belt problems afterward but these are older machines (I'm NOT trashing Yamaha!). As you go thru, the water builds in front of you as a big wave and gets increasingly harder to push, when you make any movement to shift the change in your speed causes the water to wash up over the back end. This is 1 place where a constant power is very appreciated. I have even pushed Manuals out the other end (this is also where the extra weight of the 4x4 comes in handy.

I don't mean to get into an auto vs manual argument, BUT, they both have their advantages. I know there are times when I wish I had a manual and other times I'm thankful I have an auto. You can tell me all the advantages of the manual and I will prolly agree but you can't convince me that one is BETTER than the other. I just love to ride em all!!!!!!!!

Vinnie 581, I have looked at your pics and it looks like you ride like we do! BTW, what do you want to know about the lt230?

Quick Reply: Eiger Problems!!!