Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiger Problems!!!

i wanna know if it is legal to tow it in the woods and dump it. j/k[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

suzuki587, I used to feel the way you do until I started riding the auto. I bought an auto only because my wife would be riding it too. My partner bought an auto because he was buying it with another guy and he wasn't a shifter either.

NOW we LOVE these things.

I'll listen (or read) all day about the advantages of your type but don't trash mine to convince me that I'm wrong.

I've been riding 35 years and have a pretty good feel for what works. Ive riden everything from a pull start sears to a 180mph Hyabusa. I've taken Yammie125 Breezes up mountains and a Honda 70 thru some hellacious trails (last week).

I would say that if I had to have a manual again it would not be an auto-clutch. I feel strongly that if you are going to have gears then you should have some control of them. An auto will slip and burn or glaze the plates if worked too hard. (oops, am I dissing someone elses type?).

Old 02-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

auto outdraggs, out pulls, and out proforms a manual in everyway possible, ever read, they have shot em out and auto win.

v581

Old 02-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

I don'r care what tranny you use, just use it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ford is making belt driven tranny's as we speak for its up to 3 liter small cars

Old 02-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

cool, speaking of ford i just got a 1998 ranger supercab, flairside. 4x4 offroad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] for 1150$ in great condition...................
yipeee. new hauler, to bad my vinny wont fit in the bed, but my 300ex will[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

I've said it before, "it's the rider!" My Eiger 400 will spank my buddies p500 sportsman every which way on any day. So will mt buddies 125 yam Breeze. but only if Rodney is riding the Polaris. He is slow, he gets stuck, he gets freaked out, he's just plain afraid of the machine but he has way more money than sense. He rides his Harley the same way. We stop then wait a few minutes then here he comes.

BTW, what happened to traumawave???

Old 02-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

eiger2, I can agree with you. People are different, I like the sporty feel with the 5spd. I would like to race a Auto Eiger, Im not saying I can but I think I could outdrag a Auto because of weight difference meaning the 5spd has a lil better power to weight ratio. I have heard of a Autos belt slipping and burning from trying to pull to much weight, maybe the belt was loose? Vinson581, the Auto outperforms the 5spd in everyway? No dude. Outpull? How the hell is it going to outpull?

Old 02-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

When I first startyed riding the auto I would catch myself wanting to downshift at times and upshift at others. 35 years of shifting, it took some getting used to no gears. Initial impression was that I made a big mistake. Now I have the upmost confidence in the auto.

A manual would prolly outpull an auto out of the hole since the auto needs to "gear up" and go. With the spring mod that should change. The rpms are right at the peak of torque when the auto engages. The auto keeps the peaf tork at all speeds and under all situations.

Crawling would be better with a manual ( Ijust can't bring myself to shorten it to man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) Then your tork is ready. But out on the trails it is just a pleasure to have all your power ready when you want. AND, when you enter a creek or a revine you don't have to ask yourself what gear you are in or downshift one to many and hit the hole in neutral. I know you prolly always know what gear you are in but if that short term memo thing kicks in at the wrong time, Well, you get the picture.

Now lets all agree that we love the machines we ride and celebrate the diversity. I would love to ride everybodies machine sometime.

Like Hank Williams jr. says, "can't we all just get along.......................neck bottle of beer?" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

just search around, you guys with 5spds think they are gods gift on earth, autos would not be around if it was not needed, or better than a 5spd.

where is tramawave-mabey he had a tramua and never came back because he pu$$ed out and was scraed?.

v581

Old 02-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vinson581
FYI, a auto will outproform a 5spd anyday in the mud, there was a post about this awhile back, search for it. and to suzuki's suck, love to see a honda do half of what i can, he!! they dont even put low range in em anymore, crappy honda.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Suzuki makes awesome quads, but my friend, Honda is definitely not "crappy". They may be outgunned in performance, but they outlast everything. That is a proven fact.

Quick Reply: Eiger Problems!!!