Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Bought me a Vinson yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought me a Vinson yesterday!

Well after doing a few days worth of research on this site and a few others i finally decided on the Vinson! Thanks to all of you that have added so much to this forum, all of your opinions were really helpful. Had it not been for this forum I would have never known that I could ask about an '03 5 speed manual. My local dealer didn't have one but the dealer in wichita (50 min away) had 2 left. A yellow and a red. I chose the red one!

I also wanted a snow blade and a front bumper, again thanks to all for the heads up on getting a bumper! I had a few models I was chosing between: a p700, scrambler 500, and vinson 500. The p700 was just out of my price range really and I really have no need for anything with that much horsepower either, so i kinda scrapped that one. So then it was down to either a sporty scrammy 500 and the utility vinson, both being belt drive automatics. I really wanted the option of plowing snow and doing other kinds of hauling and pulling but I still was not really wanting a ginat lumber wagon of an ATV like most of the utilities are. Also an automatic ute would not even compare to the speed and responsiveness of the scrammy. BUT THEN... I found out about the Vinson 5 speeds and I was SOLD! All the working abality of a utility with sporty power!

I think, well I hope I have made the right decision... This is my third quad in 6 months. My first was a demo model Suzuki Ozark 250. Really nice, ran excellent, lots of power for a small 250! but was just that, small... I'm 6'4" and it looked like a kids bike under me. My buddy bought Z400 so I just wanted to keep up so about 4 weeks ago I bought a 2004 660 Raptor. I LOVE all the power and accelaration, only catch, i could care less about drag racing, and every time i punched the throttle I was then slamming on the breaks to slow down again. Just not enough nice smooth trails where we ride to open 'er up.

The little 250 I'm selling on E-bay, hope it goes well and I can recover most of what I still owe on it. The Raptor is going to be a bit tougher. being brand new I don't know if I will even get within 1,000 of new price out of it. It's stock but CLEAN, not hardly a scratch! Guess if i could win the lotto I could just keep them both! But reality is I'm not that rich...

What I gave for my new Vinnie: $5,978 with freight before tax. (freight was $279)
The 54" Suzuki plow balde with electric actuator and a Heavy duty front bumper was $560 total.

Out the door with Kansas tax, freight, admin fees, and accessories: $6992.95

This unit was still in the crate! only miles was after the setup driving it into my truck!

A new 2004 was 6,399 for the 5 speed and I think 6,599 for the auto. My base price was 5699, I saved 700 i guess![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I think you'll find you get Honda quality for the price of a Suzuki. I think the Vinson is the best bang for the buck out there.

Enjoy your new bike.
Mark

Old 02-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

Its a great quad but stay off the ice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]