Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

RMZ450 61+HP at the crank... sick.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004 | 03:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default RMZ450 61+HP at the crank... sick.

Originally posted by: brownracing
Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
Originally posted by: STLKR27
correct me if im wrong but didnt the kxf250 win like 3 or 4 straight suppercross motos?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but WHO was riding those machines, put Bubba in their class and see if anything other than the green 2 SMOKERS win!!! When is the last time you saw a Suzuki win in the 250cc class???? When is the last time you have seen any other brand win an overall in the 250class in the last 2 years besides Yamaha or Honda in either MX or SX????
125cc west supercross overall
Tedesco is #1 on KX250F
Roncada is #3 on Kx250F
Troy Adams #7 on KX250F
Not to bad as far as I am concerned

Fact is Kawasaki has sponsored most of the riders winning today in the 250cc class before they became 250cc riders and you will probably see Bubba make a switch when becomes a 250 rider for a while.

You dont see any 65 hondas or yamahas dominating any tracks.
You dont see any 85 hondas or yamahas dominating any tracks.

These riders come up through Kawasaki and then leave. More than likely cause of money but the future looks bright for Kawasaki and Suzuki in the 250 class.
AGAIN, I ask the question, WHEN is the last time you saw anything other than a Yamaha OR Honda win a 250cc overall event in the last 2 years???? That is rather sad!!! Reed didnt start on a Kawi and he is pretty much dominating the 250's!!! Bubba will WIN no matter what he is on!!! I don't see anyone other than Bubba beating REED, Carmicheal or Kevin Windham ANYTIME soon!!! The only thing looking good for Kawi is if they keep bubba around, thats ALL they have to look forward too! The way I see it, Honda or Yamaha can dish out MORE cash to sign bubba and will do it!!! Look at RC and KW!!! Mike Brown, granted he isnt as good in the 250's as he was in the 125's but even HE is riding a Yamaha!!! They stick to Kawi's in the kiddie class bikes but when they step up to the 250s they move on to either YAMAHA or HONDA!!! I see Yamaha and Honda dominating SX AND MX this year and next year BUBBA will put Kawi up on the podium in the 250's!

Old 02-21-2004 | 04:44 AM
Pro Rider

Hey whatever happened to James Stewart and Travis Pastrana? Oh yeah um I think Kevin Windam was on a Suzuki last year and he did fairly well........

later
Superstar

Old 02-21-2004 | 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

I bet I can P at least a foot farther than all you amateurs!!!!

Old 02-21-2004 | 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Sam250 were you drunk or pissed up when you said that comment?

Old 02-21-2004 | 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LT250RSuperstar
Hey whatever happened to James Stewart and Travis Pastrana? Oh yeah um I think Kevin Windam was on a Suzuki last year and he did fairly well........

later
Superstar
James Stewart is being held back from the 250's next until next year to mature a little more so they say(but Kawi is holding him back to win the his class this year) He is still racing and dominating, though not by the margin he used to win by(50 secs) etc. Travis Pastrana has been getting hurt the last few times he had raced! He is supposed to be racing again either in the Outdoors this year or the SX and MX next year for sure!!! By the way, Kevin Windham didnt ride a suzuki last year!!! He was hurt and retired but came back and rode a HONDA and he did fairly well on the Honda! He didnt ride suzuki at all last year!

Old 02-21-2004 | 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JustinJones
I think that if Suzuki want to be competitive in the pro ranks with Yamaha, they'll use a true MX engine out of the RMZ. Yamaha stepped up to the plate big time and offered a champ out of the box. Honda's built a great weekend warrior that will be sure to be the weapon of choice for the masses and win tons of amateur races, but the pros have spoken in GNC and GNCC. Blue is their color.
No, the pros haven't spoken, they haven't been able to get their hands on one and mod it up, give it time and there will be many R's out there. The YFZ has been out for 7 months, the 450R not even a month, not a very fair comparison, huh?

Old 02-21-2004 | 08:25 PM
|
Pro Rider

No, the pros haven't spoken, they haven't been able to get their hands on one and mod it up, give it time and there will be many R's out there. The YFZ has been out for 7 months, the 450R not even a month, not a very fair comparison, huh?
You're right, not really totally fair. but what you're forgetting is that the guys in pro production have the resources through sponsors to try out the 450R very early. Look at Doug Eichner, he already has a pretty strong running Honda, but he sticks out like a sore thumb with all the Yamahas. Yamaha didn't take the ***** right out of their engine. Honda did. Yamaha weren't crazy about sponsoring riders because they knew they wouldn't have to. They clearly have a more competitive platform for most riders.

Honda have contingecy money available now. that will definitely help them out. A LOT.

I wonder if the other big three will step up with some cash?

Old 02-21-2004 | 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

You're right, not really totally fair. but what you're forgetting is that the guys in pro production have the resources through sponsors to try out the 450R very early. Look at Doug Eichner, he already has a pretty strong running Honda, but he sticks out like a sore thumb with all the Yamahas. Yamaha didn't take the ***** right out of their engine. Honda did. Yamaha weren't crazy about sponsoring riders because they knew they wouldn't have to. They clearly have a more competitive platform for most riders.

Honda have contingecy money available now. that will definitely help them out. A LOT.

I wonder if the other big three will step up with some cash?
Not to mention TIM FARR! Who here lately has been getting beat by the Yamaha's!!! Think about this FASTLANE, the YZ400F was raced in MX and won during its first season and it didnt come out until the NEXT YEAR!!! Tim Farr rode his quad way before the public had time to buy theirs!!! There are several Honda's on the track and ridden by past and present CHAMPIONS! Those people are getting beat by the blue guys!!! Sad but true!

Old 02-22-2004 | 03:23 AM
|
Pro Rider

I didn't want to really count timmy because he's got full factory support, his TRX450R isn't really comparable to everyone else's probably... With HRC breathing on that 450 motor, he's probably got hella power and crazy unobtanium parts.

he's still sucking hine tit... until next race where he'll probably get a podium finish for sure. I mean, he's got a 1 million dollar deal. He's going to f**king give'r now that he got a wake up call!!!

Old 02-22-2004 | 03:36 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't want to really count timmy because he's got full factory support, his TRX450R isn't really comparable to everyone else's probably... He's probably got at least 60hp to the wheels with his factory ride.

he's still sucking hine tit... until next race where he'll probably get a podium finish for sure. I mean, he's got a 1 million dollar deal. He's going to f**king give'r now that he got a wake up call!!!
Or maybe he is a has been!!! Everyone fades from their dominance at some point in time!!!

Quick Reply: RMZ450 61+HP at the crank... sick.