Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Lt 250r vs TRX 250r

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt 250r vs TRX 250r

these quads are both kick *** but which one would you rather or buy if you had the oppertunity
i hear amazing things about the LT but just as good things on the TRX sometimes i feel the Lt is superior. any comments?

Old 02-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

The majority of what I've heard about the two when compared is the LT overpowers the TRX, but the TRX outhandles the LT. In my opinion of the two machines is 6 of one half dozen of the other. There a pretty even match stock for stock.

You can usually find a used LT a little more affordably priced, and use the saving for mods. Just my opinion, although in the end its up to you.

Old 02-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in 1995 my dad had a 89 trx250r with alot of mods. We went to Kermit Tx sand dunes and there was a suz.LT250 out there that had some mods on it to. So they both wanted to race so they lined up. Me and my brother where at camp but could see the drag strip very easy. They lined up and my dad started counting down from three. He said 3-----2-- and before he got to one the other guy took off well my dad took off after him and was catching him mid-range well at the end of that race the other guy won on the LT but it wasnt a far race so they said lets do it again and they lined back up. This time the other guy counted down from three, he said 3---2---1 and they both where off. I have to say it was a tie when they took off but mid-range the trx started to pull and it was pulling hard from the LT. When the race was over he had about 5 bike lengths on the LT. In my opinoin the trx 250r was a way better machine with the right mods on it. My dad seized it up twice and sold it to a guy and it seized up on him and he sold it so i dont know where that fast bad *** quad is at today.

Old 02-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

blah blah honda blah honda. no way there mister. i have a pretty much stock(motor)and i raced a 250r w/350 ct kit of the line at a moto x and beat his butt to the first corner by about 2 lenghts. the honda is not faster no way no how. i would race one any day and not be confident of victory....

Old 02-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

ive always heard of the TRX's great handling but i wonder is it noticabe to the average rider?? i know power is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

also a the couple of trx that ive seen available in the uk have been about 3times the price of an LT, i doubt they would be a 3times better machine.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, I think that there actually really close to each other, There is more aftermarket still out for the Trx but like UK said the TRX's are alot more money and not alot better. For the best bang for your buck the Lt is the winner.
Trinity

Old 02-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer

[/quote]My dad seized it up twice and sold it to a guy and it seized up on him and he sold it so i dont know where that fast bad *** quad is at today.[/quote]

wat do u mean by siezed, the piston

Old 02-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

Boy I am soooooooo glad that there truly is a strong support for the LT'S out there!!!!!!
It makes me feel good being an owner of one!The only thing I feel envious of the trx's is the availability of aftermarket products,I think that has to do with Honda corp trying to keep that bike still alive by {in my opinion}
kicking money to the aftermarket companies to help them do this.Once they had to shut down shop on this bike,
prematurely by law suits they{Honda} wasn't happy about this so did alittle parts manufacturing outside the actual manufacturer court order stipulations that they wouldn't be bound by.THIS IS MY OPINION.
Suzuki corp stuck to the court order stipualations bound by the courts, therefore you don't see the parts available for the LT'S LIKE YOU DO FOR THE TRX'S.BUT I LOVE MY 89 LT 250 TO D E A T H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

I never rode a TRX but what I can tell you is that there are less of them around (made 4 years only) and honda always charges more for new parts than suzuki.... why I don't know. TRX's are way more money but I hear the handling is awsome.... i mean way ahead of its time. The Lt's do have a stronger motor however. Handling on the lt's isn't bad. I don't think many people on this forum who trail ride would be a good enough mx'er to utilize the superior handling of the TRX. TRX's have no low end power though cause their is no powervalve. 87 and newer lt's have a powervalve and pull like a 4 stroke off the bottom with the same rev as a TRX. Very few people race LT's against TRX's on MX tracks nowdays but there are racers who ride TRX's with LT motors... proof that the motor is probably superior. To me the LT handles like a dream and with an extended axle is near unflippable. The power is unreal for a 250cc 2stroke from top to bottom. Very light too. I am able to turn the quad on its axis with no problem at all... it really loves to eat up turns and the T-Seat loves to make you feel like your on a Mercedes while your cornering.... Also great for riding your girlfriend on the back. The suspension is far superior on a late model LT to that of the TRX's. 91-92 have 9.1" of wheel travel at both ends..... the rear swingarm is identical to that of the LTZ-400 and KXF-400. These machines also have a similar seat.
LT's are actually affordable. A real nice one can be bought for 2000 to 2500 3 grand gets you a crazy nice near unbeatable powerhouse modded to the max!!!
Handling and suspension wise a stock banshee cannot touch either of these machines. For low end banshee's or trx's cannot touch an 87-92 Lt250r

Old 07-31-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Does a 69 Camaro Z28 really handle that much better than a 69 Boss 302?

I dunno, but all the new stuff is way better so the classic rivalry is not about what's better, just what you desire.

Quick Reply: Lt 250r vs TRX 250r