Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

went swimming with my eiger today

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went swimming with my eiger today

Went riding with 2 of my buddies today in the eldorado national forest. Lot's of snow on the ground, in fact as we got higher, it became impassable. The funny thing was, it was 60-70's all over the state today. We were riding through snow banks with just t-shirts on. We took a fork of the trail, as we climbed we ran into too deep of snow. So we turned around, my buddy said lets go down the creek, which ran along side the trail. He led off, i followed, ran couple hundred yards, all bedrock, not much loose rock. Water was even with footpegs, everything was going ok. Somehow i missed the line he was taking, and found a hole about 3 to 3and a half feet deep. Caught the edge with just the right side of the bike. You know the rest, over i went, couldn't get clear so i went under. I thought the bike was going to float away for a second. Nothing hurt, but man was i wet, and we were about 12 miles from the trucks. Luckily it was so warm, so i wasn't real uncomfortable, except for the water sloshing in my boots. I sure was glad to see the trucks, and my change of clothes i always bring.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Trailblazer

Brrrrrr! So how far over did the eiger roll? Water in the fuel or such? I am curious if you needed to do anything to it before riding back?

Old 03-08-2004, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider

Slipped in or flipped into the hole? Damn, still sounds pretty cold to me!

Old 03-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

I got the same story!!!! We towed mine back to camp. While I changed clothes the rest of the group went over my quad and everything was fine.

Did ya ride er back or tow er?

Old 03-09-2004, 02:26 AM
Range Rover

The bike flipped on it's side, we were able to get it back upright quickly. The water was up to the fuel tank, but i was able to ride it back with no problems. I had a fender bag on that side with my gps, digital camera, and all my maps. Luckily the digital camera was in the zipped up bag, it's working fine. I changed the differental oil today, checked the air filter it was dry. The funny thing was, that the water was warmer than the snow banks that we were floundering around in earlier. Today i went up to the lake bass fishing, it was 75 degrees today and the fishing was great. You got to love california, even with all the problems we have, like 2 dollar a gallon gas.

Old 03-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

I ziplock my phone now. That was an expensive lesson. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

You should be fine. Now get off the computer and get out there and LET ER RIP!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Regor,
I just bought an Eiger 4 x 4 Auto about 3 months ago. I live a couple hours from Sac. Do you guys go to a lot of places around the Sacramento area? I have heard the Hollister area has places but I am more of the adventurer to go back woods and find lakes to fish than to ride around a course if you will. I am new to this hobbie. Had many a dirt bike when younger.

Shoot me an e-mail at: Duramax_Dually2001@yahoo.com

Old 03-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Yer gonna love the Eiger for exactly the things you say you want to do. Its a fun machine and will go anywhere.