Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noise

had my vinson out yesterday on a 80 mile run.just about everything , mud ,muck,water,snow ,the going was tough , about halfway i noticed a slight clicking noise or a least i thought i did, i wasnt sure what it was i stopped and checked things out and could not find any problems and the bike handled the same, but each time i
could hear it and each time we stopped i would go over things again but still couldnt find anything wrong .when i got home i gave the bike a goood going over, you cant hear anthing at low speed or on smooth surfaces the right wheel has got a little play in it when i grab the tire and rock the bike, could this be a wheel bearing i jacked the bike up and spun the tire around and it semed good and smooth except for slight drag on breaks,

Old 04-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default noise

i also could be a cv joint, make absolutely sure that you have no rips tears or slashes in the cv boots, if you do they have to be replaced the joint cleaned well, and then repacked with grease, and a new boot of corse. could also be a loose tie rod eng but i think you would have checked that already. being you would have play in the steeing, the third thing could be the steering stem bushing, i had to replace mine, because of a mysterious clunking, and clicking like the tie rods were loose, but in fact not.

v581

Old 04-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer
Default noise

i checked everything out and found no prolems ,i went over the bike with a fine tooth comb and the only thing i found was a bad wheel bearing that has to be replaced, but the noise didnt sound like wheel bearing ,will replace bearing and see if the rattling goes away, thanks for tha advise

Old 04-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default noise

i really think your problem is a steering stem bushing, or hopefully not a cv joint. the bushing is one of those things you cant tell it is bad, untill you have a clear fenderless view of it, hope everything goes well.

v581

Old 04-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default noise

checked the steering bushing again ,it is fine ,put the new wheel bearings in and will see if thats it on the next trip in the woods,everything else looks fine

Old 05-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default noise

i took the bike for a spin and the rattling is still there, today i stripped all fenders off and still couldnt find anything, i give up on it .but it is very annoying to hear this and not be able to find it so guess i will have to keep rinding and hope nothing serious happens