Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z400 jet Adjustsment - strange problem over wknd.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 02:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z400 jet Adjustsment - strange problem over wknd.

Got the new E2 pipe from WhiteBros a few wks ago. instructions said use the 165 main - and adjust the LOW SPEED FUEL SCREW out 1/4 turn ? What is that ?
Tried several configurations - now its at 165 main - no lid - UNI filter - and it runs PERFECT and idles ok...
HOWEVER, found a funny problem over the wknd at Glamis --- if you rock it back and forth in IDLE 0r if you go up and down big hills - it stalls and stops! Another symptop i noticed - it wont start without giving it gas ever.. have to pump it a few times and it starts... but its weird.. start it up - its OK - runs great all the way up the RPM - but stop and rock it back and forth with the front brake -- and it stops... ??? what the heck is that....

Ive never seen anything like this -its almost like there isnt enough fuel in the carb at idle ? Has anyone seen this problem. I already took it apart 4 times to get it to this point - I thought I was done... i know alot of people have to adjust the AIR screw - and I did a little - but is this also called the low speed fuel screw ?? I have to remember to call WB tomorrow to clarify this - but was curious if anyone had this problem before ???

It seems like its a problem with the PILOT - but WB doesnt say to adjust or change - maybe they overlooked this ?

if anyone has seen this - let me know - thanks ALL.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

The LOW SPEED FUEL SCREW is the idle screw I think.
Weird carb problem you got there.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:47 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if it's the cause of your problem but the air screw you refer to is actually called the "pilot screw". It sounds to me like your float bowl isn't filling up. I would make sure when you pulled everything apart you didn't accidently mess up the float adjustment.

Old 04-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
SNIP- It sounds to me like your float bowl isn't filling up. I would make sure when you pulled everything apart you didn't accidently mess up the float adjustment.
Ding,ding, ding,....Give that man a dollor. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]