Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Painting Nerf Webbings: Will it work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Nerf Webbings: Will it work?

I was wondering if there is a spray paint of some sort that you would be able to use on the webbings of nerf bars. I am thinking of making mine red instead of black. Will this work?

Old 04-16-2004, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

Wouldn't hurt to try I guess - will probably make them pretty stiff though and the paint might crack over time.

Old 04-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

nah, I bet it won't. Not much is going to stick to Nylon that is flexed so much and is probably already kinda dirty. IF you could find SUPER-FLEXIBLE paint and you could get your webs factory clean, then it might hold up for a while. Otherwise, I don't think you're going to have much luck.

Old 04-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, ok. I wonder if DGs nerf webbings will fit the ones from suzuki? They have red ones. How hard would it be to make my own, go out and get some red nylon and put it through the straps and sue it together in the right spots.

Old 04-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

I sewed together a web out of seatbelt webbing for my Jeep a while back. It's not too hard as long as you have access to a sewing machine with a decent heavy duty needle. Probably be a pain in the *** though, for something that's gotta fit really good. There's gotta be somebody with off the shelf nets for your ride.

Old 04-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Well I have my webs kinda loose so they wouldnt have to be exact. I wonder if suzuki has red nerfs? DG does, do you think their webbing would fit on the suzuki ones?

Old 04-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

it wouldn't be hard to find pictures of the Zuk and DG nerfs, then put them side by side and see how similar they are. If they're close enough, shouldn't be too hard to make something fit.

Trending Topics

Old 04-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

Buy red webbing from a supplier, weave it through the bars, mark the crosses with marker, and take them off. Take your webbing to a shoe repair store and ask them to glue and stitch the webbing together. Not too hard, right? And then you will have some kick @$$ bars, not to mention they will last as long as any factory webs. Good luck.

Old 04-17-2004, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

I work at a marina and one of our suppliers brought in some new paint. It's SEM brand, called Color Coat Flexible Coating. It would probably work great on the nylon. We thought it'd be great for painting plastic even. We actually bought a bunch of it. We sprayed a binder with it and tried to scratch it off later and couldn't. You're supposed to be able to paint plastic, bend it, whatever, and it should stay put. I'd try it on your webbing. $7.00 a spray can

Old 04-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

Where do you think I could get some of that stuff.

Quick Reply: Painting Nerf Webbings: Will it work?