Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Trail riding: Ozark 250 or z250?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trail riding: Ozark 250 or z250?

(Polaris Trailblazer) Seems so people get mad at me when I recommend checking out a different brand quad (Polaris Trailblazer), so I won't this time (Polaris Trailblazer). But, for a cheaper price, you get more clearance and 22" tires, on a 2 wheel drive that can't be beat in the mud (Polaris Trailblazer) by any other 2 wheel drive. Plus more room if your a big person and much more comfort (Polaris Trailblazer). So, I won't say anything. (Polari Trailblazer)

Old 04-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok i guess i'll throw in my opinion,ive rode a friends Ozark all last season and loved it,my brother and his wife have a polaris trailblazer and trailboss and ive ridin them too,of the 3 id have to say the zark is my favorite,although it took AWHILE to get used to the shifting,the polaris's are heavy and dont have nearly the ground clearance,we ride mostly trails,shallow mud and some streams,the zark is shaft driven while the polaris's are chain,thats something to look at when purchasing,i prefer shaft,as far as dependability all 3 machines have been LOTS of hours and no problems just regular maintanance,BUT i picked up a Z250 last week,only rode about an hour so far and LOVE it,more pep then the zark and much better looks plus about 40lbs lighter,just need a set of nerfs to keep my feet attached,so if i were you id go with the zark OR Z250,not to know polaris but they are abit slower and alot heavier and lack ground clearance...JMO

Old 04-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

What Dirtywater said!

Me and a buddie just started riding last spring and the Ozark is a much better machine. Speed, mud, hills, ect. you name it and the Ozark does it better than the Trailblazer and it doesn't break down doing it. In all fairness though, the Trailblazer does jump better (wheel travel) and handles a little better too.

As much fun as the Ozark is, I can only assume the Z would even be more fun! But keep in mind you won't get near the mud protection on a Z as you would on an Ozark................and you WILL get muddy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2004, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yah, I'm not worried about the mud. I know I'll get muddy--real muddy. My main concern to be honest is just the ground clearance as compared to the Ozark. Like I said, I'd be losing about 1" of clearance from the 'zark and that can mean the difference between driving on thru the rut or pulling yourself out of the rut! Believe me, I DO want the z250 but just want to cover my bases. And yes, the Ozark is truly and impressive machine. It is an absolute blast. I can only imagine the z250 is just that much more fun.

Old 04-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Polaris Trailblazer) Seems so people get mad at me when I recommend checking out a different brand quad (Polaris Trailblazer), so I won't this time (Polaris Trailblazer). But, for a cheaper price, you get more clearance and 22" tires, on a 2 wheel drive that can't be beat in the mud (Polaris Trailblazer) by any other 2 wheel drive. Plus more room if your a big person and much more comfort (Polaris Trailblazer). So, I won't say anything. (Polari Trailblazer)
what in the world are you talking about, yeah the trailblazer goes in the mud gets stuck and then what you push it out? haaa.. let me tell you that i have gotten my ozark stuck plenty of times to know that its not that easy to get out let alone a what is it a 50 pound heavier quad? the trailblazers about 8-10 mphs slower, heavy, not as much ground clearance (?), and its auto

Old 04-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

now that i think of what i said, it is an automatic, and automatics can spin their tires to about their top speed even in mud, haha but hey still what happens when you get stuck?