Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

zilla clutch options

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zilla clutch options

I replaced my stocker with Barnett's dirt digger clutch plates and springs, and a Hinson basket. For the life of me I still can't remember if I ever tightened the hub bolts down properly, but after almost 2 years of clutch dumping and burnouts on pavement the clutch still works awesome!!

Old 05-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

My zilla has a hinson clutch basket and as far as I know(guessing) is that its been in there since '97 when the porting was done by Paul turner. I am not really a sport quad affiecianado, but I have rode a few sport quads, and I think the clutch on this quadzilla is far better. Now would I BUY the clutch basket....that I dont know.

Old 05-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Dr. Q is the LT500 wizard.. nice post No2BS! Anything new been posted on Dizzy since they booted us non-payers? I visit with the Doc via email occationally, but don't get to view his commentary anymore.

Old 05-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Duneaddict,
Turning dizzy into 'pay for access' has severely decreased the quality of the board. The 'LT' and 'Suzi' forums get very few new posts. I should have just printed Dr. Q's Rx threads and spent my ten bucks on beer. Perhaps their high level disussions are no longer disrupted by newbie questions, but it's like a ghost town over there.

Old 05-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Couldnt tell you, I wasnt about to fork over $11 for something that should be sponsor supported. I did however copy and paste the entire 500Rx before I got kicked out of there.

Old 05-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

what exactly was the RX?? was that just a thread that told all the problems of the zilla engine and how to fix them? Was there any good stuff for the 250's on how to make cheap power and whats good and whats not good? Any fixes us 250 should know about?

Old 05-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LT2Fiddy
what exactly was the RX?? was that just a thread that told all the problems of the zilla engine and how to fix them? Was there any good stuff for the 250's on how to make cheap power and whats good and whats not good? Any fixes us 250 should know about?

Its an article written by DR Q, addressing all the shortcommings of the LT500s engine. An invaluable piece of info for all Zilla owners, and I have said many times that It should be put into print. It hits on all the well known problem areas of the 500, but brings to light many that most owners have never heard of. If I can remember right, he was working on a 250Rx, but I have heard nothing on it in a while. You can attempt to PM him, he pops up from time to time on p l a n e t s a n d . c o m.

Old 05-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

A couple years ago I printed off Mr. Dune's "Zilla Reborn" article. I just found it the other day upstairs in the garage. I used it as a guide until the $50 manual came in that I ordered at the dealership. It has a few grease spots and dust on it, but if I can find someone with a scanner I could post it......or send it in the mail to someone if they wanted to do that......

Old 05-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Never mind the last post. Mr. Dune's article is still available here. My Bad!!

Old 05-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Duneaddict... I'm a member of the site and it's not too bad, not as lively as before, but since it's not free that's a given. I debated on doing the $11 or not, but you can backsearch stuff, and I think it's worth it, but that's just me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: zilla clutch options