Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Hey Duneaddict - Amsoil??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004 | 05:36 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Hey Duneaddict - Amsoil??

Last season we spoke about switching my Zilla to 32:1 mix w/series 2000 oil and leaded 110.

When I switched to that mix I also bumped up two jet sizes that was around Labor Day and it ran great!

Today I picked up a gallon of the new dominator oil, mixed it at 32:1. Way smokey and messy. The jug says 50:1

Is the Dominator oil different than the 2000?

Im going to toss the original jet back in it and see.

Thanks,
Freak

Old 05-14-2004 | 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

hmmm... I haven't tried the new stuff yet (Had way too much S2K on my shelf)

It's supposed to be more fogiving towards exhaust valves, and provide better protection... ???

The major difference I can see is: "It contains heavier synthetic base oils that provide more lubricity for "on the edge" operation"

This may force us to actually mix at 50:1 per their recomendations.... I've never had any issues what so ever with the S2K regarding build-up and sticking of the exh valve in my 500 or my sleds for that matter....

Tinker with it a little bit, and give me a status report.... I don't think I'll need any new oil for the remainder of the summer... If the jetting doesn't make it squeaky clean again, try stepping back to 50:1... just watch your jetting close

Keep me posted as to what you find...

Best Regards,

Old 05-14-2004 | 11:54 AM
|
Pro Rider

I went from 480 main back to 460, still real smokey and drippy!
It really loads up idoling a short time. Could I have a carb problem?

My motor is stock is a 41.5 carb too big? I called your buddy Delmar, $275.00 for that carb WOW! I have a PWK
on my TRX and want one for the zilla. Will I be sorry if I just get a standard 39mm PWK?

Thanks,
Freak

Old 05-14-2004 | 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

Naw, I don't think you have a carb problem.... First of all... if it's loading up idling, the main jet has no effect on the idle or pilot circuit.
I'm thinking this stuff must be pretty darn thick then..

This is the frustration behind changing oils.... I'd say mix up a little bit at 50:1 and try it first before you go buying a bunch of new jets. make sure you flush out the old really well.

You have a 41.5 on your 250R? Not sure if I understood you correctly... Might be a little big on that small motor without any mods... I'm ordering a 41.5 for my 250R, but it's a little bigger than stock.

A 39 will work okay for your 500, but it's not optimal. If you can get it cheap... really cheap, try it out... but if you have to spend the $$$, just buy the big one and do the CPR on your wallet.
The stock 38 is way undersized... even for a stock motor.

Old 05-14-2004 | 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Here's the advertisement info:

AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR™, High Performance Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil (AIT) is specially formulated to address exhaust valve sticking found in 2-cycle motor sports applications. It provides exceptionally clean engine performance and has demonstrated “No Stick” exhaust power valve performance during extensive Rocky Mountain snowmobile testing. INTERCEPTOR™ is recommended for use in all 2-cycle snowmobiles, personal watercraft, motorcycles, ATV’s & jet boats including those made by Bombardier®, Yamaha®, Arctic Cat®, Polaris®, Kawasaki®, Suzuki®, and Honda®. May be used with carbureted, Electronic Fuel Injected (EFI) or Direct Fuel Injected (DFI) motors. Replaces all manufacturer branded 2-cycle oils! Use in oil injection systems or as 50:1 pre-mix. Compatible with most synthetic and mineral two-cycle oils, however, mixing oils should be minimized. API TC - JASO FC

AMSOIL Series 2000 Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TCR) is a robust formulation specially engineered for high performance “modified” 2-cycle motors, both on and off the track. It is recommended for use in modified 2-cycle motors where RPM, compression ratios, heat, and horsepower have been increased from stock, including, but not limited to air or liquid cooled snowmobiles, personal watercraft, motorcycles (moto X), ATV’s, and go-carts. May be used with exhaust power valves, coated or non-coated pistons and high-octane “racing” fuels. Use as injection oil or as 50:1 pre-mix. Compatible with most other 2-cycle oils, however, mixing oils should be minimized. TCR is not recommended for use with alcohol or nitro-methane fuels. API TC - JASO FC

The S2K is still available, and seems to better fit my application (Note the 'modified' comment)
Pick your poison...

Old 05-14-2004 | 12:12 PM
|
Pro Rider

The PWK on the 250R is 36mm, night and day difference from stock carb.

I called Ams yesterday and was told Dominator superseeds S2K.

So pull the tank and get it empty before going 50:1?

Old 05-14-2004 | 12:18 PM
|
Pro Rider

I mixed 2 gallons at 32:1 How much fuel would it take to make whats in my tank 50:1?

Old 05-14-2004 | 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

Well, according to Ams website... the S2K is still alive and well...??? Who knows..

I wouldn't remove the tank, just drain it.... The tough part of adding fuel to the can to get to 50:1 is knowing exactly how much you put into the tank already...

If the tank was bone dry, you could drain the gas back into your can, and we could figure out the mix... but chances aren't...

To be on the safe side...I'd mix a fresh batch, and use the other stuff in your lawn mower or weed eater... No mistakes...

The PWK is a much better carb than the stock PJ that came on the 250R... Huge improvement...

Old 05-14-2004 | 12:43 PM
|
Pro Rider

Will do. I'll keep you posted on the outcome of the fresh fuel.

Thank you for your help!
Freak

Old 05-14-2004 | 01:39 PM
|
Pro Rider

Aaaaahhh, thats the ticket!! Cleaned up nice.

Still a little smokey though, maybe humidity,about to rain.

All set 50:1 w/dominator. Jetting is spot on so far, I'll check again when I get it in the woods. At least I know
what ratio before mixing 10 gallons at $3.75. I've already wasted 4-5 gallons.

Thanks for the help!

Oh yeah, one more thing.
I grabbed hold of the flywheel and wrestled with it. It wouldnt give. I dont know if the cases have ever been
split. How much beating can this thing take before needing inserts? I dont run wide open all the time. Mainly
trail ridden.

Quick Reply: Hey Duneaddict - Amsoil??