Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Lt500 Quadzilla Top Speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt500 Quadzilla Top Speed

Not trying to start a argument but,96mph?On gas?in 300ft.??WOW!!!!I sure would like to race you with my Zilla,and ppl. say the banshee rule's.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

****(not in good style essay format)****

Ive had my raptor for a while and i have the mods done to it in my sig.. my buddy has a lt500 that is bored 100 over and has k/n no airbox and what not and a hand made pipe and fmf muffler that baby hauls it is on stock gearing and when it ran the first time we took it there it was amazing(we blew it up) but now its fixed and next monday we will test her out again the first time it wen to put it in perspective i can pull the hill in 2nd and third sometimes well this one time i got it into third so i was going 50ish. well i was 1/4 the way up the mountain and my buddy started hes a big kid weighing in at abou 280 and he comes flying past me and hit the top of the mountain prob 8 quad lengths in front of me then i got on it and raced some banshees and didnt loose but in perspective my other buddy has a 2004 banshee with t-5 pipes no airbox and dual k/ns running a 280 main in each and he pulls the hill third gear and my second gear keeps up with him and ill usually win him but that lt500 is amazing youll smoke just about anything out there but i would run race gas if i was you even on a stock motor those things a prone to detonation and make sure it is jetted properly my buddys jet was off thats why it blew up even though we were running a 500 main the piolot and needle were in the wrong place and we didnt think to check this and that was a 400 dollar mistake.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

wow...i have seen many posts with not enough periods but that is definately the worst i have seen...

Old 05-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

(Not in essay style format)
Well next time i post i will clarify that im not writing in essay style format alright [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] --just so we dont have to read dumb posts like yours [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2004, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer

yea no shi*

Old 06-19-2017, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

my 89 Zilla does 73 on GPS. But it's not fine tuned. I just bought it in march and only rode it a few times. Carb still needs dialed in.

Old 11-16-2020, 06:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Modded Quadzilla top speed

Sorry for the late reply, I just found this site. Okay as far as modded top speed on a Quadzilla, I can say this. Me and my cousin rebuilt an 89 from the ground up. I'm talking new nuts, bolts, everything. The motor was bored, but I can't remember how much. We had head work done to it, the carb was jetted, it had a $1000 LRD pipe on it and an open K%N air filter. Plus a sprocket with 1 extra tooth. I know for a fact it would do a little over 100mph because we shaved the front fenders off and I myself had it doing about 102 on the highway. The thing was a beast!!! It destroyed every other quad who dared to try us. I remember completely embarrassing heavily modded Raptors! Low, mid and top end. Most of them wouldn't even try to finish the race they were losing so bad. I remember a few people who were younger with Raptors didn't know what that yellow Zilla with the blue seat was. When we told them what year it was they said it was an ancient piece of junk! Well, that was all it took. That's when we pulled out cash and said how much do you want to put up against this ancient junk pile. We always went home with more money than we went with. LMAO!! As far as Banshees went, we had a modded Banshee, and the Zilla was still quite a bit faster. And Honda 400EXs could just forget about it!! They could have dropped one of them out of a plane and we would still have out ran it!! So yes, a LT500R Quadzilla can run over 100mph.

Old 11-16-2020, 06:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Modded Quadzilla top speed

Sorry for the late reply, I just found this site. Okay as far as modded top speed on a Quadzilla, I can say this. Me and my cousin rebuilt an 89 from the ground up. I'm talking new nuts, bolts, everything. The motor was bored, but I can't remember how much. We had head work done to it, the carb was jetted, it had a $1000 LRD pipe on it and an open K%N air filter. Plus a sprocket with 1 extra tooth. I know for a fact it would do a little over 100mph because we shaved the front fenders off and I myself had it doing about 102 on the highway. The thing was a beast!!! It destroyed every other quad who dared to try us. I remember completely embarrassing heavily modded Raptors! Low, mid and top end. Most of them wouldn't even try to finish the race they were losing so bad. I remember a few people who were younger with Raptors didn't know what that yellow Zilla with the blue seat was. When we told them what year it was they said it was an ancient piece of junk! Well, that was all it took. That's when we pulled out cash and said how much do you want to put up against this ancient junk pile. We always went home with more money than we went with. LMAO!! As far as Banshees went, we had a modded Banshee, and the Zilla was still quite a bit faster. And Honda 400EXs could just forget about it!! They could have dropped one of them out of a plane and we would still have out ran it!! So yes, a LT500R Quadzilla can run over 100mph.