Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

mods for my 03 vinson...581 kit...locking differential etc etc? whats available

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 12:41 PM
MJE
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mods for my 03 vinson...581 kit...locking differential etc etc? whats available

I have an 03 vinson 500...i want to know whats the best mods out there for it...clutch kits...whats the big bore 581 kit all about?? Jet kits...best tires etc etc. I live in Massachusetts near sea level and I rarely leave this area with it. So i'd say 0 to 2000 ft is prob the average alt that im in. Been searching everywhere but I dont even know where to start to find exactly what i want...

Basically I want to improve my low end mid range and high end...need more traction but DO NOT want to put on tires that are going to slow my machine down significantly. Want the capability of standing the bike on its rear wheels through a clutch kit...and im really interested in a locking differential for up front. My machine would be unstoppable then.

thanks

-Mike

Old 05-31-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default mods for my 03 vinson...581 kit...locking differential etc etc? whats available

what you want are the parts listed

highlifter- detroit gearless locker
FST(four stroke tech) 581 race kit with fst cam
Highlifter lift kit
HMF- Eco system when available
k&n filter
mud lites in 26" or 589's any good tire atr's ect
dalton clutch kit

with all those modds you wouldnt be able to keep the frount end on the ground.

If you have noticed the only modd i havent done is the 581 kit, reason being is the bike really has great power, and i cant see boreing a good motor- but i prolly will anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i dont know anyone with the fst kit, so i cant tell you how it is, no one on the forum has it either. with cams, and the bb kit, it will prolly push 70's and get there quick as heck, dont forget that pushing a bigger piston will put wear on the bottom end, just something to think about.

v581

Old 06-01-2004, 11:42 PM
MJE
Range Rover

does this detroit gearless locker stay in 4wd all the time?? or will I be able to turn it on and off from my switch on the handlebars?

i dont want 4wd all the time..just when i wanna run something over [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

no no, you cant tell its there untill you need it, and yes OF corse you can put vinny in 2wd, for powersliding...., and yes this auto locker is the best and the real deal, it does more and then some.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

wouldn't boring the cylinder on a Suzuki be kind of silly unless it was already burning oil, or the cylinder was scored? Suzuki has that proprietary 'special coating' on the inside of the cylinder that makes it really hard, right? Why would you want to bore that out?

Old 06-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

i agree,thats exactly the reason that i am waiting to do the bb kit, suzuki uses the plasma spray coating, and they dont bore the cyclinder, fst resleeves it.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:51 PM
MJE
Range Rover

didnt answer my ?...

can i turn the 4wd off with the push of a button still??

is there a locking front end that i can buy and turn on or off with the push of a button??

i dont want full time 4wd...i dont care if it doesnt make a difference as far as steering is concerned...point is it robs a lot of power that i seem to pick up while in 2wd and puts a hell of a lot more strain on the motor. I dont do that much mud riding to need that...however ID LOVE TO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] if i could only find the place that had a messload of mud.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:54 PM
MJE
Range Rover

and what about spark plugs??

NGK only makes a standard one for my atv..i want an iridium one or something so i get maximum spark. any suggestions?

Old 06-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Locker in the front diff isn't going to change whether you can shift in/out of 4wd.

Standard NGK plugs are the BEST PLUGS IN THE WORLD. Second would be Nippondenso.

We don't need no freaking platinum!

Uhh... how do they get more displacement if they don't bore the cylinder? You mean they bore it, THEN resleeve, it... right?
What kind of piston do they use? Does the big bore setup change the compression ratio?

Old 06-04-2004, 03:35 PM
MJE
Range Rover

what are the best tires i could get for my vinson??

should i go above stock in front and rear in both height and width??

i dont want something thats going to weigh the bike down severly however.

i do a lot of riding in loose sand, mud, water and through trails where I have to go over logs and whatnot.

whats the best for my app?

Quick Reply: mods for my 03 vinson...581 kit...locking differential etc etc? whats available