Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

what utils can pull wheelies?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 12:49 AM
MJE
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what utils can pull wheelies?

I am watching a vid of a Rincon pulling wheelies like its nothing. I just bought an FMF powerline pipe for my Vinson along with an FMF jet kit to compliment my K&N air filter...

I really want that low end torque/ability to pull the wheels and be obnoxious. What do I have to do?

Old 06-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Your machine should be able to do it stock, let alone with the Powerline and jet kit. Maybe you should work on technique and not mods to your machine. Just today I saw a post from a guy who purchased a snorkel intake from Diamond G Racing. These guys make awesome products, including the snorkel, for the Kawasaki Prairie 650/700. He talked like it was the most awesome thing in the world for Vinson owners. Claimed it to be the best bang for the buck. Before you install that jet kit, you may want to wait and get this so you can adjust the jetting better, as I'm betting it will need a different setting with the snorkel. You'd be looking at about $50-$65. Search for the thread. Clutch springs would really help you out a lot too. Look for those at erlandsonperformance.com or daltonindustries.com By the way, let me know your first impressions of the Powerline when you have it installed as I too am considering this pipe.

Old 06-07-2004, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

MJE,

When you figure out the wheelie thing on your Vinson let me know because I would absolutely love to do this on mine too! I like to get crazy and obnoxious too!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2004, 10:00 AM
MJE
Range Rover

its just when I floor mine and whatnot it doesnt have any pull it almost feels like the tires spin and the belts arent quite tight enough. I did drown the bike once before...actually twice...however i dont recollect cleaning out the actual belt system...

thats prob my issue im going to clean it now

-Mike

Old 06-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your clutch sounds like its fried! Same thing happend on my buddies grizzly. I bet its your cluthc, take it in to a shop. Sorry dude. Well look at it like this you can put a custom clutch in now.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:41 PM
MJE
Range Rover

i doubt its fried...just got the machine about 2 months ago and i have about 50 hours on it. If you've ever drown a vinson...its a dry belt system. However the two times ive drown my vinson...ive never taken the belt cover off to actually clean the mud and crap out of there. It still rips like hell...however since ive purchased the machine ive never been able to pull wheelies.

-Mike

Old 06-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

i can RIDE them in 2wd low range, and keep it really high.

Old 06-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

I can on my 4x4 400 scrambler even when I don't want to.

Old 06-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

I can pull a wheelie if I'm on asphalt or concrete in 1st gear, high range.

Old 06-08-2004, 12:04 AM
MJE
Range Rover

forgot to mention...i have an automatic

the only time i could get a wheelie going was when i went over some sort of bump...floored it and leaned back like hell..

i rode one for about 20 feet that was about it.

and thats another vinson 500 2003 not even mine. with my mods i am getting tomorrow do you think i could ride one without a prob?

FMF powerline exhaust...fmf jet kit...already have K&n air filter...and i may pick up that snorkel.

-Mike

Quick Reply: what utils can pull wheelies?