Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Accidents???

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 08:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accidents???

I was havin a chat to a mate about our best acidents the other day. So come on folks lets hear some of thoes stories that make us cringe or giggle.
I'v only been racing for a couple of months, but my best so far was at my Last meeting. I was in the final, managed to get the whole shot, which i have a pic of, led the race for the first two laps, then spun it on the start corner.
I managed to keep second but in an attempt to gain first place, i took a different line from the leader and i did anage to pass him until... the rear tyre hit a groove of mud or the track, which set me back on the bike. Whilst i was attempting to regain grip of my bike, i pulled back on the accelerator which set me on my rear wheels onto a mound of mud on the side of the track at bout 40mph. the marshal watching said i must have flown 10ft in tha air with me doing a superman impression, landed in a ditch and the bike roled of on to another mound about 8 meters away. i managed to bend my rear axel which took 6 tonne to bend back. he he oh well i think i'v learnt .. maybe
Gareth

Old 06-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Accidents???

check out my mods for an accident I had two weeks ago. Got bucked off the quad at about 40mph going around a corner at the mx track.

Be careful. Surgery sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Accidents???

My dumb a friend took a jump in 5th gear on my little z250 and ran right into a tree. Tore the right fender off....dude i was pissed!!! He broke his right arm.... serves him right!!! hahaha

Old 06-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Range Rover
Default Accidents???

Around 7 years ago my oldest brother had a Polaris Sportsman 500. While he was at work, I took the keys and started riding it in this area behind my backyard (small wooded area). Anyways, I let my friend ride it. He's going around for a minute, then I hear "BAM!". He went straight into a tree. We spent a good portion of the rest of the summer landscaping in order to pay it off (sometime between 6th and 8th grade I think). It was like $1200 worth of damage I believe. Man did that suck.

And then my bike I have now has been in two accidents. I was at Wayne and going down a slanted hill. I wasn't leaning properly and I jerked the brake suddenly for some reason and the bike rolled over onto the seat. Nothing major except bent handlebars. A month or two later, I was going up a hill, and somehow I got stuck in a rut or something, and I started rolling down the side. Luckily I fell against a tree and I stuck my foot out to prevent the quad from rolling any further or crushing me. No casualties there! ( I had 1 1/8th trailtech fatbars! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Old 06-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Accidents???

I do not want to say this, but I have never crashed a quad, just minor rolls! Knock on wood. Anyway, I have had a lot of crashes, on my old yz 80. One time, I was the first kid to do a big 58 footer, at jack frost. Anyway, I had been doing it for like 3-5 days, and did not get warmed up. Cased that sucker, and bam bounced, and landed on my head, and got knocked out for a few minutes.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:17 PM
jt
Range Rover
Default Accidents???

lets see....only one of my wrecks comes to mind, and it happened march 31, 2004......i was goin down a flat sandy straightaway lovin life doin at least 65-70 (whinin out) but up ahead their were some seriously deep whoops and by the time i saw them it was too late.. the frontend slammed the whoops, thur me about 20 ft ahead or so, then my z400 started the end over end flips and nosedived me in the side (HARD) and continued to flip about 8 more times...heres my list of injuries : ruptured spleen (removed), torn appendix (removed), cracked sternum, bruised heart, bruised kidney, bruised pancreas, 2 broken ribs, major whiplash, bruised lung, and some scrapes and bruises...4 days in ICU, 3 in cardiac b4 i went home...heres some friendly advice, don't be a friggin idiot like me and haul *** in unfamiliar places...and WEAR UR HELMET !!!!! cuz it saved my life for sure.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:19 PM
jt
Range Rover
Default Accidents???

oh yea, and i've got the scar from my surgery to prove my story too if yall wanna see it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default Accidents???

Hey JT. Too me i think you so far you are leading the pack with the injuries!!!
I think think the next winner would be to kill themself...

SPK soon

Gareth

Old 06-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Accidents???

I broke my left wrist......So my story goes like this, I was at the riding park at Waterloo, Iowa and they have two MX like type tracks there. I was on the big one and I was hitting every jump smooth...I was starting to get some rythm and feeling really proud of myself cause it was my second time EVER jumping on real good sized jumps....anyways there were some guys there riding and video taping their buddy on a Raptor660 jumping one of the bigger doubles there and I decided that I wanted show off for once what I could do on camera.....so I followed the guy around the track and I needed some speed for this one jump around a somewhat sharp and embanked corner, so I railed the corner as I've done B4, got a lil high on the embanked corner and caught a small tree with the right front tire (I was goin left) an that done me in....I thought maybe I just sprained it cause I could move it fine but it hurt. 2 days later I found out I broke the Nevicular bone in my left wrist. I was wearing a helmet. My Z400 got a bent tierod and a bent steering stem and bars. My frame cracked in one place and thats the story of how I broke my wrist.

later
Superstar

Old 06-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Accidents???

I pulled up next to some guys to race, and pulled up to far, so I put her in reverse and moved back, then a minute later we started the race, and I was in reverse, and went right over the bars

Quick Reply: Accidents???