Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Trade it in or sell outright

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 03:25 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade it in or sell outright

Originally posted by: DeShawn
now we can go out riding with the whole family.
That's what I'm talking about, quality family time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

DeShawn, welcome to the forums too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Pro Rider

coyotechaser needs to go chase something and stay off the forums if he's gonna be like that. I really coulda cared less about this thread till I saw those posts. Personally, I think gtf is very mature for his age, and seems like he has honestly tried to repay a debt he didn't ask for. The reasaon I'm coming to his defense is because at 27yo I would not have responded as coolheaded as he did to coyotechasers accusations. I admit, I'm a little jealous, too of gtf, coyote, but it's no reason to attack him just because good fortune actually shined on someone deserving instead of a p.o.s. like his cousin or whatever she is. By the way coyote, you ever worked on a farm? Let me rephrase that, you ever bust yer a$$ from the butt crack of dawn till after sundown takin care of livestock, not to mention all the other b.s. a teenager on a farm gets put in charge of, usually $h!t detail? Back off the kid, 3 months work on a farm is well worth the 4500 pappy paid for the z250 IMO.

What kinda car you restoring?

Old 06-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

The car I am restoring is a 1987 Buick turbo regal limited.
Thank Craz400 I appreciate that reply very much.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:39 AM
Range Rover

That's a real good point, GTF acted maturely throughout this entire thing. It's not like he is some spoiled brat whining about his quad. He was looking for advice and took what he got. I as well would have been a little hot-headed had someone talked down to me like that w/o knowing the full story. In the end I think he made the right decision. Just wait till you start modding that quad!

BTW, restoring and building stuff up is the way to go. I have a 96 Ranger that I got around two years ago. It's a 2.3l standard cab truck, so not the most eye-catching or greatest truck in the world. But in two years I have done sooooo much to that truck and I would never get rid of it. Sure, while hauling my bike it'd be nice to have a V8 or a V6, but I'm so attached to my vehicle because of everything that I have done to it. I still get from point a to b like everyone else does and I can ride around with the satisfaction that I've poured a lot of time and money into my ride.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Range Rover

I agree with QuadN00b and what he is saying

Also, thanks for the welcome rescuediver

Old 06-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

GTF - paint the fenders pink and sell it too some rich little girls parents...

Old 07-01-2004, 03:41 AM
Quad Patrol

I agree, GTF did act more mature then you would think for someone his age. When I first read this thread, I thought of a similiar one that was posted not to long. Maybe some of you read it. It seems every so often, kids come on here complaining about their parents not buying them the parts they want or the newer, faster quad. Anyways, I can see where Coyote was coming from. I was impressed with the way GTF handled it. But, also, to many kids these days have more then what we older "kids" did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So many seem unappreciated for what they have or get from their parents or guardians. Again, GTF did handle the situation better then most[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

DeShawn, your welcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Happy and Safe riding everyone. Lt. Dan

Old 07-01-2004, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't have everything growing up, that's for sure, but I did have a kx80. My dad bought for me. Paid $700 for it, but I never once felt like I didn't earn it since all the kids I grew up with got a weekly allowance, and I never did. I had that bike from age twelve to age seventeen. It fit me at age twelve, but somewhere about fourteen or fifteen I got way to big for it, but I couldn't afford anything bigger. So I can identify with what gtf is going through. Yes he can mod it for now, but there is going to come a certain point when he'll just be physically to big to do what he wants his quad to be capable of doing. When that time comes, something getting broken, either him or the quad. In my case, it was both me and my 80. I broke my collar bone and got a concusion bad enough to lose my vision for 15min. The Reason I crashed was I was ctrying to push my little bike to do what I could handle, not it.

Old 07-01-2004, 04:28 AM
Quad Patrol

craz400, You had a lot more then I had and I didn't get an allowance either. It's unfortunate that you pushed your m/c to hard and was injured. Hopefully GTF continues acting like he displayed here and he eventually gets that bigger quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lt. Dan

Old 07-01-2004, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider

With the size of your toy list, I can see your more than making up for lost time, though.

Quick Reply: Trade it in or sell outright