Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

wich one would you buy??(zilla guys)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wich one would you buy??(zilla guys)

Originally posted by: yagerzzz
Here's a list of SOME of my quads:

Two 88 LT500's - both stock & mint. Original pistons, plastics, tires, etc. (One has the factory Dunlops (50% tread left), the other has the factory Bridgstones (90% tread left))
One 87 LT500 - Under construction - long time off
One 87 LT250 - Under construction - Almost finished
Three 86-87 LT 230 qsports - 1 for parts, 1 for riding, 1 to be fixed up later
Four 87-88 LT 230e qrunners - 1 for wife (very nice cond.), 1 to be fixed up later, 2 for parts
One 86 LT50 - Current ride for my 6 yr old son
One 83 ALT50 - great condition, but I took the motor out of this trike to put in my sons LT50. (A lot more stable)
One 87 LT80 - Future ride for my son
Two 87-88 LT2504wd - just bought this year. Neather running yet, but can't wait to have a utility quad finally.

In addition to mine, my brother has and 89 LT500, 87 LT500, 87 LT250, 91 LT250, 87 LT80, and 87 LT2504wd.
Wow! You're right, you are the biggest Suzuki fan I've ever met.

Old 06-28-2004, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

geeeez!!!!!!!!!!!! NO YOU ARE A FRICKEN S U Z U K I C O R P O R A T I O N !!!!!!!!
Hey you got any steering stems for the LT500 I could get off ya ????I have an '89 that I need
one for.

Old 06-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

an 88 quadzilla had two different tire companies?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to respond and my message never posted... maybe it was too long.
Gotmuddy, thanks for the offer but I'm pretty much maxed out on the Zilla's that I can afford right now. Your price sounds very good though if it's in descent shape.

Biggone, I don't have any extra stems in good shape. But when you find one, keep in mind that the 87 stem is slightly different from 88-90. It has a different bump stop system and there's no rubber stops between the stem and frame when you turn it all the way to one side. But it does have a grease zerk on the stem which greases the lower stem bushing - something later years don't have.

QuadLT500Racer, in 87 and 88, Suzuki used both Dunlops and Bridgestones on the 500. It was not a buyer's option however. What tires you got depended on what region of the country you bought it from. However, there were certain options. You could get a headlight guard, front master cylinder guard, and a huge front bumper. The bumper is so rare that I've never seen one except on our microfiche. It was really wide and different from both the 87/88 style with the rubber pad and the 89/90 style with the larger tube. There are some even more rare parts that I won't even get into or else I'm afraid this post will get too long again and won't post.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

u know how the tank has either the suzuki or quadracer graphics? ive seen all years have each one of those. was that another thing they did?

Old 06-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Yes. They changed graphics each year. The large stickers on the front only said Suzuki in 87. In 88, there were two stickers - one that said Suzuki and another that said QuadRacer in a cool looking font. In 89, they actually had a small white QuadRacer decal on the side of the blue hood with the same font as 88, plus they had a large sticker on the side that said Suzuki. In 90, they had large blue stiped stickers that ran the length of the side of the front plastic and said QuadRacer in small yellow letters with the same font as 88. They were also two piece stickers - one small piece in front of the front shock and one large one behind.

Not only were the front sticker different, but the others were as well. The 500 stickers on the fenders were different every year. The 87 had a smaller sticker and was blue/black. The 88 was wider and had 2 shades of blue. The 89 was nearly identical to 88 except that it had a white outline around the 500. The 90 had 3 shades of blue.
Also, the rear number plate sticers were different in most years. 87 had solid black. 88 had solid dark blue (looked almost black). 89 & 90 had the same sticker which was a hollow dark blue outline.
Finally, the rear Quadracer sticker on the back of the rear plastic was different. In 87, it had large square digital looking letters. 88 had smaller letters that were the same cool font as the front stickers. 89 didn't have one because it said Quadracer in white on the back of the seat - also the same font as 88. I'm not really sure about 90 for the rear sticker.

Do you know anyone with as much useless info about Zilla's as me?

Old 06-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

u have no useless info. so the 88 can have either the big suzuki sticker or the quadracer one?

Old 06-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Trailblazer

Yagerzzz, can you post some photo's of your machines? I haven't seen any factory original stuff in a long time.

Old 06-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

QuadLT500Racer, I wasn't clear in my post. The 88 had both a Suzuki sticker and a Quadracer sticker on every quad, not one or the other. Sorry for the confusion. I've created a bio and I've posted a pic of a stock 88 Zilla, although it's not one of mine. Check it out and you'll see what I mean.

Badoldzilla, I will post some pics of mine eventually. It will probably be awhile though as I'm not to good at the pictures on the internet thing. For now, check out the pic that I've posted to my bio of a stock 88 that I found on the internet.

I had some trouble getting this pic loaded because it was too large. It was only 145K but one dimension was over 750 pixels. Then I cropped it and the file size actually went up to 160K which was over the 150 limit! What's up with that? How do you get the file size small enough? I finally cropped it more and more until it got back to 150. It seems like pics I take will be even larger so I'm worried about not being able to load them. Is there a trick with a digital camera that you can limit the dimensions and file size?

Sorry for the technical questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-30-2004, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yea, I guess it will be a little while before my bio is posted. It has to be reviewed by the moderators. Hopefully it will show up soon.

Quick Reply: wich one would you buy??(zilla guys)