Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

my yfz450 vs zilla...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my yfz450 vs zilla...

I too own an 88 zilla and have problems competing with my buddy who owns a yfz450? can anyone give me any pointers on how to increase performance on my bike? I just recently purchased a Trinity racing Pro Mx kit. and yes my buddy still keeps up with me, although my other buddys say i still need to break-in my bike, I feel it still should not have been so close of a race?once I hit 2nd gear its all over for him, but, hes stays with me on the bottom? your help would be greatly appreciated

Old 07-07-2004, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: zillaracer2
I too own an 88 zilla and have problems competing with my buddy who owns a yfz450? can anyone give me any pointers on how to increase performance on my bike? I just recently purchased a Trinity racing Pro Mx kit. and yes my buddy still keeps up with me, although my other buddys say i still need to break-in my bike, I feel it still should not have been so close of a race?once I hit 2nd gear its all over for him, but, hes stays with me on the bottom? your help would be greatly appreciated
I hope you are being sarcastic, if he is gone when you hit 2nd, then it is not a close race. With a pipe, new reeds, and simple porting a zilla should destory a stock yfz; dooesn't sound like yours is running too well. Beating a built yfz will be hard though, no matter what your mods are (while still remaining on pump gas); as a yfz with dyna ignition, ron woods head porting, 42mm FCR, ron woods cams, ESR pipe, ron woods intake tube, no airbox lid, -4 flywheel, and great tuning made 60 horse. This is still on pump gas, stock piston in the stock bore with the stock stroke. Keep in mind that this 60 horse power was in a package with a dry weight of around 325 after the lights were removed, was converted to kick start, and hyper rims were used.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:03 AM
Range Rover

i have a big secret for you...if you are familiar with drag racing...the zilla's 60' times suck no matter what you do to it. you'll get used to it. all that matters is who gets the the finish line first.

ps zillaracer- dont advertise that you have a trinity motor, people here hate them for some reason[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] you can tell everyone what it is after you beat them.

Old 07-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow were talking zilla vs yfz ....so i can expect get my azz handed to me on my 87lt250 vs yfz? thats always a great start and i havent even lined up with one yet .lol interesting

Old 07-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

The YFZ will hand your head to you on the 87 LT.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

The YFZ will hand your head to you on the 87 LT.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool cant wait lol.....i saton one just didnt feel comfortable i can imagine all the landings would feel sound compared to my suspension

Old 07-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry about the double post Sorry about the double post [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

You would fall head over heels in love with the YFZ if you got some seat time on it. I took a couple of brief rides on them, and they felt a little funny, then when I bought mine and spent a day on the dunes now my LT feels like it's a hundred years old.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: gogoquadzilla
i have a big secret for you...if you are familiar with drag racing...the zilla's 60' times suck no matter what you do to it. you'll get used to it. all that matters is who gets the the finish line first.

ps zillaracer- dont advertise that you have a trinity motor, people here hate them for some reason[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] you can tell everyone what it is after you beat them.
We don't hate your trinity motor.... we dislike the company that did the 'work' (oxymoron) for you... been there, got screwed, won't do it again, and If we can stop someone else from taking it up the poop chute from them... I will... thats all.

Btw: my 60' times don't suck..... but don't take it hard, I'm just messin' with ya!

Old 07-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1987LT250
cool cant wait lol.....i saton one just didnt feel comfortable i can imagine all the landings would feel sound compared to my suspension

the yfz is very uncomfortable, it was not meant for a relaxing ride through the woods, it was meant to be stood up on while you are clearing 40' doubles.

Quick Reply: my yfz450 vs zilla...