Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Can the lt win against a RM.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can the lt win against a RM.

Without engine porting, you'll probably loose. 2 wheelers are crazy fast since they're so light. However, I bought sand tires from a guy a few years ago who had 2 zilla's and 2 dirtbikes. His dirt bikes were a YZ250 and a a 450 4 stroke, not sure which brand. Anyway, one of his Zillas was pretty hopped up. It was bored out to the max and he had some crazy porting done to it. He and his girlfriend kept telling me how fast his modded Zilla was, so I finally said, "Well, I'm sure it's not as fast as those" pointing to the dirtbikes. They both looked at me grinning and said it wasn't even close. He said his Zilla could destroy his bikes and then he wanted me to ride it. It was hell to start (his girlfriend had to drag him around the house with their utility quad after he kicked it for about 5 minutes) but he let me drive it once it fired. I've never driven anything so fast in my life! Anyway, I'm not a big dirtbike fan and I haven't ridden them much so I don't have much to compare to, but after ridding his Zilla, I believed him.

Old 07-12-2004, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres no doubt about it..<u>u will lose in a 1/4 mile drag</u>. ive raced a modded kx125 across a field and he beat me by a length, but i missed a gear

were talkin a lt 500 vs a rm 250. sorry to tell u man, u dont stand a chance with such a short distance.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

u would do better if u had a longer raceway

Old 07-12-2004, 09:19 PM
MJE
Range Rover

581...dump the lift kit it is the devil.

-MJE-

Old 07-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

I just bought, or had a wheelie bar made just like someone elses on atv forums. I used skateboard wheels on the end of it. I have yet to mount it or try it. I also have a 41mm mukini carb I have to install. Bull@#$^!!! I will not lose, if I do I will buy more stuff to make it faster and yes I have it ported pushing 550cc, reed valves, wiesico pro lite piston, K&N air filter, works shocks, extended 7 inch rear swingarm, lonestar +4 axel, v-force reeds, hinsons clutch basket, dp clutch plates and springs. All this is being assembled right now. I pretty much went broke moving all my stuff up here in Alaska, or else it woulda been done by now. The military does not pay much. I guess thats why I refuse to lose. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

Oh yeah a factory fatt, silencer, and a cool head. I think I am pushing close to 600cc. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2004, 11:20 PM
MJE
Range Rover

thats evil...how can you sleep with yourself at night?

I wouldnt be able to...id be out riding [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

-MJE-

Old 07-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Range Rover

With it being a newer RM you will loose. Bikes in the last 5-6 years have really gotten some real HP. If it was older I would say yes. Even mine can shut down some older bikes. My buddy's 87 500 regulary shuts down older dirt bikes, but the new bikes just have to much power. Most of them have stock what we port ours to be.

Old 07-13-2004, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

the only way you can win would be
1.get a rolling start
2.he cant keep his front end down
and if all else fails as lt560r stated
3.run over him as your leaving the hole granted you stay with him

Old 07-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We could spend a week guessing who will win. It would be much faster if you'd just race him already and let us know who wins. I'm curious because it sounds like your Zilla should be pretty darn fast, maybe enough to win. If you lose, let us know how close it was. Also, try different things like the rolling start as someone else suggested.

Old 07-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Range Rover

Hey Pumpkin where are you stationed at? Wainright or Elemendorf? I got a buddy big into 500's. Might be able to be a witness for you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]