Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson Diaplay reads -- please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson Diaplay reads -- please help

ok heres the latest.

i had everything apart, still cant fix it.

i took all the connections and sorted them out 1 by 1, finding out what controlls what. the wires that go in the case controll the gear selector position(5 wire_6 plug)(digital). took apart the shifter, and found 3wires(1 plug)(white) and unplugged that, those wires controll the park display, and neutral on the digital display. when those wires either plug or both, i could get the R indication on the digi display. but R would also light up in neutral?? and park was then blank, so then i reattached everything, and still the same, when i put it in.

Park- the ---- shows and reverse and park lights on the top band of lights(idiot lights red) on display light.
Reverse- the --- shows and reverse and neutral idiot light turn on togeather
neutral- the --- shows, and reverse and neutral idiot light turn on togeather
High- shows H works fine
Low- shows L works fine

leads me to suspect the digital display as the culprit, i wish i had another one to test to make sure it was the problem, i guess i can order it and return it.

-v581-

Old 07-20-2004, 02:49 PM
MJE
Range Rover

did you try just disconnecting the battery for a while and seeing if the chip may possibly reset itself??

i wouldnt bother wasting money fixing it if the damn thing works. As far as neutral light etc etc if the speedo works just knock yourself out. Again my friend had a problem like that we ended up tightening the linkage that goes right to the motor and that put it in just reverse etc etc. did you try taking the linkage off and "shifting" the linkage back and forth to see if it goes in and out of gear?

-Mike

Old 07-20-2004, 02:51 PM
MJE
Range Rover

and i still cant decide if i want to pick up 589s for my b ike or just go with mud lites. I've ridden an eiger with 589s that seem really cruddy in the sand...they are only 25s with worn lugs but still im not too impressed with their all around performance. All i know is my machine slides the rear end out like nothing and the 589s take whoops wonderfully.

-Mike

Old 07-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

yes i did it goes in and out of gear mint, super smooth, i am not sure what i am going to do, can you pull wheelies with your dalton now?

Old 07-20-2004, 04:37 PM
MJE
Range Rover

not from teh seat...but pretty damn close to it. If you order a dalton what you should do is just swap out the spring...leave the rollers stock because they are heavier and they give you a quicker centrifical force to engage your belt. You would prob be able to pull wheelies with the stock ones in if you pulled back hard while on the gas. I just messed around with mine took the carb off and tuned it along with modifying my air box. I'm cleaning the K&N air filter right now. Anywhere you know to get the outerwears filters??

-MJE-

Old 07-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

not sure i know one from a sportsman 500 h.o will fit. you got the big tire kit correct, thats probley your problem of not being able to do wheelies.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:02 PM
MJE
Range Rover

i called outerwears directly and ordered the water repellant ones for like 14 each.

done and done.

-MJE-

Old 07-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

my whole electrial system is cooked on this thing

when i turn the lights on my brake and tail light do not work.

i am almost to the point of selling it, it seems like all these things the more complex they get just brake more and more, i dont know what to do. bringin it in to the dealer is going to be an arm and a leg.

Old 07-21-2004, 11:16 AM
MJE
Range Rover

weigh a couple of factors in here...

its 315 for a new wiring harness...and whatever you said the cost was for a new display....why dont you just order a new display...id think that controlled everything as far as which lights where on when etc etc.

-MJE-

you'd lose more than that trying to sell it all jammed up. so fix it

Old 07-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

its also my time to do all the installation, i am going ahead and ordering a new display soon, and seeing if that fixes it. i have all the "shop" tools also seems like i might need a new clutch, after breaking hard, and accelorateing from a stop it takes awhile to catch, and then makes a loud squeek.