Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

WEAR YOUR HELMETS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WEAR YOUR HELMETS!

well i went to a friends house this weekend while his parents were out of town. We went down to the garage and decided we would ride to a friends house. His house is about a mile away on a busy road. It doesnt matter how busy the road actually is because we never even made it out of his drive way. He was goin around a sharp turn in 4th gear on his kfx400 and kicked the back end around to slide. It was damp but not really wet. He slid off the road onto some grass and kept sliding. He was going way too fast to stop and hit a brick mailbox. He hit it directly on the nerf bars and it destroyed his AC nerfs, heel guards, and bent his footpeg into about a 90 degree angle. He was thrown onto the asphalt with no helmet on. He blacked out for a few seconds and that is the reason we had to take him to the hospital. He wasnt really hurt but since he blacked out they had to do tests on him. They did cat scans, x rays, and all kinds of other stuff that was probably VERY expensive. I saw the whole thing while i followed on his 300ex, again with no helmet. Very stupid of both of us. Now im not saying a helmet would have prevented the wreck, but it would have prevented us having to stay at the hospital. It would have saved a lot of money because he was not really hurt except for blacking out. It taught us both a good lesson and i hope it helps others.

Old 08-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

I tell you what,i have hit a few low hanging branches at high speeds with my helmet "on",that still knocked the crap out of me.imagine if i wasnt wearing a helmet,im glad your friend is ok

Old 08-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

there was a 19 year old girl got killed last week in kansas. no helment.... so every one please wear your helment.

Old 08-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

my head got bashed against a tree i slid into head on and i was fine cause of my helmet

Old 08-02-2004, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah I just crashed my motorcycle on a log today. Was totally fine with my helmet and leathers.
You can't get hurt too bad if your going slow and have your helmet and leathers on. So another reminder, ride slow if you don't know whats ahead of you! Don't ride on the road with cages!

Old 08-02-2004, 03:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

A few years back in high school, a group of my friends and i were out riding. we were going up to a great riding spot. I was last in line out of four atv's. we were flying down the powerline trail, and came up to a bump at the top of the hill. the guys ahead of me on a were riding double on a honda....god i dont rememer what it was but they hit it way to fast and flipped it forward.
my friend doug on the back was hit with the back rack. it blew a chunk the size of a grapefruit off of the back of his helmet. he was totally knocked out for about five minutes. they flew him to the hospital on the lifeguard helecopter. he didnt suffer any bad injuries. the driver had rocks fly up in his helmet and cut up his head. at the school we had his helmet on display. needles to say he wouldnt be here if it werent for his helmet.

Old 08-02-2004, 03:41 AM
Quad Patrol

Glad your friend is alright. Fortunately, it wasn't a real tragic accident to you or him, that made you guys realize a helmet can is worth wearing. Happy Riding and put that brain bucket on.

Old 08-02-2004, 03:42 AM
Pro Rider

TRUE, very TRUE. U should always wear a helmet. I always wear my helmet....tho i have never been even close to wreking, u guys must be shi tty drivers..lol, Just kidding^ ^ .. anyways.. ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET.,. it will save ur life.....

Old 08-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

no we are both good riders...but his tires are seriously slicks...and the road and grass was all damp. No way to really correct wat happens after u start sliding going that fast..

Old 08-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Its not that they are sh!tty drivers its that you dont push yourself enough.