Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

quadracer 250 or honda 250r that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 05:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quadracer 250 or honda 250r that is the question

Are the 1987 quadracer and same year honda 250r comparable?I have heard from a lot of places that the 250r is faster stock,but thats stock.And if they are comparable "why are the honda so much more exspensive?" With similar motor modifications and extra mods on each,would the quadracer 250 be able to hold its own at all against a 250r?

Old 08-03-2004, 06:01 AM
Pro Rider

ok. first thing you need to know is in an old dirtwheels their was a shoot out, 250R , LT250R and Tecate 4. The Honda 250R had the Best Suspension/handleing but worse power. The LT250R had the Second Best Power, And the 2ed Best Handleing/suspension. The Tecate 4 had the most power with the worst handling. The 250r and LT250R are verry comparable. In a straight line the Suzuki is faster, on a MX the honda is faster. It really depends on how upgraded each bike is, considering their are no more stock LT's or R's left. If your going ALL-Out racing get a R, if your racing weekends, and just playing round get the LT because its thousands less. They both have big aftermarkets, the honda's is bigger though.

Old 08-03-2004, 06:14 AM
Pro Rider

actually i already have an lt250 quadracer 87.i just have never ridden it,but parts are currently in the mail and it wil be eating honda's soon. we have two banshees as well and they are fast as can be,but are a pain in rear to ride fast in the trails,so i bought the lt250. i just wandered because evertime i look on ebay someone is trying to sell a trx250 for like 5k or so,and then the suzukis are going for like 2.5-3k tops. and reading through old posts ive found that suzukis with suspension and a-arm mods handle as well as the trx250. i also read there are way more mods for the trx250,so maybe thats why so many people give their arms and legs for them..

Old 08-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer

I'd say best bang for the buck is the lt250r. People seem to want twice as much for a honda250r...however, with the recent slew of new sport quads (yfz450, z400, 450r, etc) the 250r's are starting to drop in price cause why would someone spend $5-7k for one when they can get a new yfz for a little under $7k?

Old 08-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Range Rover

Yes you won't notice much difference ripping on the trails. It can go either way. It's more rider than anything. On the trails though with the addition of the exhaust valve the Lt is much more ridable in tight area's in my opinion. After riding a 89 trx I really felt that my quad was much superior/easier to ride in those conditions. Out in the open they really felt the same. CONTRARY to popular belief the honda does not have this magic,out of world stellar hadling over the LT. They are both on par it's just that they do it differently. As far as Honda being more expensive well they are just more popular so proces reflect that.

Old 08-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer

actually i already have an lt250 quadracer 87.i just have never ridden it,but parts are currently in the mail and it wil be eating honda's soon. we have two banshees as well and they are fast as can be,but are a pain in rear to ride fast in the trails,so i bought the lt250. i just wandered because evertime i look on ebay someone is trying to sell a trx250 for like 5k or so,and then the suzukis are going for like 2.5-3k tops. and reading through old posts ive found that suzukis with suspension and a-arm mods handle as well as the trx250. i also read there are way more mods for the trx250,so maybe thats why so many people give their arms and legs for them..
I hear ya superevil... When I got my Quadracer in April I really couldn't ride it until late june cause it broke since the guy I bought it from kinda screwed me and didn't know what he was doing and stripped out the cylinder threads.....ahhhhhhh!!!
You will be very impressed with the LT's low end power and the LT's handling.

I had the privalege of riding a 2000 banshee today (I'm feeling the burn mark on my leg from the pipe still...lol!!!) it had a boost bottle, toomey T-6's and Airfilter's and jets. 20" razor rear tires. Let me tell you the banshee has absolutely horrible suspension compared to the LT's stock suspension. Their is no comparison. Also the frame geometry and handling of the LT is far superior. I only got to hit it wide open up to 5th cause i have short trails with lots of turns. All the power is on the top but it is quick. My LT even with 22" tires and a 13 tooth front sprocket as apposed to the stock 12 has Gobbs more low end power than the banshee. I can't even imagine how much more it would have with 20" tires and a 12 tooth. I know this effects the quad alot because it does about 85mph maybe more and has to be revved alot to not bog when shifted into sixth.
Don't think I'm knocking the bashee though cause I plan on buying one soon to park next to the LT...I'm just pointing out the differences!!!

Old 08-04-2004, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider

in our few miles of trails,we got a couple of straightaways that i can go through all six on the banshee in,and they are screaming fireball fast. let me list the things wrong with my lt. the top of the jug where it connects with the head was smashed in like 4 places where someone pryed the head off with a screwdriver or something. the seller said it was rebuilt,but it just had a new piston in it and had no bore done,so the piston just fits loosely in there. the clutch plates are totally worn,like moving nowhere gone.second gear is messed up(just slips right out of gear).and the shifter shaft is broken and welded back together. the chassis is mint though,every single bearing/bushing is totally tight.illl have her running soon. i got it cheap knowing i had to fix some stuff.ill have before and after pics soon!