Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

My Zilla VS Yamaharideronly's 03 Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Zilla VS Yamaharideronly's 03 Raptor

Originally posted by: needaR
you must be a really good rider and the other riders suck or you have the fastest stock raptor or the other guys quads are messed up.im assuming ur a good rider.but good rider or not the zilla should pull the raptor.same with the YFZ just not as bad.
whoever is the better rider doesnt matter at this, we were just doing top speed runs even if he is the bette rrider, hows it gunna make him top out faster?

Old 09-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

I am a better rider then him but It should of never came into play. I have raced a couple YFZ's and everytime, even trading bikes they were neck and neck at the 300ft mark and then the raptor pulled away. My Banshee is alittle bit faster then the Rap in 300ft because you can get out of the hole faster but after that the Raptor pulls away to

Old 09-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZillaRider87
Originally posted by: needaR
you must be a really good rider and the other riders suck or you have the fastest stock raptor or the other guys quads are messed up.im assuming ur a good rider.but good rider or not the zilla should pull the raptor.same with the YFZ just not as bad.
whoever is the better rider doesnt matter at this, we were just doing top speed runs even if he is the bette rrider, hows it gunna make him top out faster?
i didnt say he was the better rider.i said im assuming ur a good rider.but good rider or not the zilla should pull the raptor.
something must be wrong with youre zilla.check the compression and jetting.
my friend with his YFZ and 18"tires beats all my other friends raptors.there are a few of them too.this all just dosnt make sense to me.

Old 09-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock pipe on the zilla is a performance killer, so that may be something to address. Definately check your compression, jetting, and plug.

Old 09-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know our old zilla(had a 650 honda crotchrocket engine in it) wouldn't get beaten by much of anything, I would say your zilla isn't running right, and top speed sucks anyways.....just race from a stop, and see who wins at 300ft. There is no way a rappy is beating yfz's, if both are stock, and you are racing from a dead stop in 300ft.

Old 09-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I would say something's wrong here. The Zilla should out accelerate it everywhere and have a higher top end speed.

Old 09-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Range Rover

hey scrambler123 how do you do the calculations I would like to know myself? I have 88LT250R bored 90 over someone said around 270 since 80 over was supposed to be 265 But I am not sure and would like to know the formula for future.
Thanks,
k-dog

Old 09-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

It's pretty simple if you know your original bore and stroke.

Add the overbore to your original bore and calc. the area of your piston. Then multiply that by your stroke and you're in like flynn.

Remember though if you want to calc. your CC's you need to know your bore and stroke in mm, and convert your overbore (.090??) into mm as well.

Old 09-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

This is a copied and pasted version of a post I made on here a few years ago concerning a race between my friends stock Zilla and my Modded Raptor.

Sun March 03, 2002 12:37 PM

I am not biased in this comparsion, I have owned, and do own both of the afore mentioned quads, so here goes. My Raptor was set up with complete Big Gun exhaust, Pro design filter kit, JTM +4.5 swingarm extension and a 14 tooth front, at the time it would run 81 mph at 14.66 in the quarter mile. 89 Zilla, bone stock down to the air filter, pipe, carb, ext, stock gearing, but with a new clutch. race was run on asphalt, this eliminates tirespin and gives a more acurate comparison than dirt or sand. As anyone with a piped Raptor knows all to well it is almost impossiable to keep the front end down on any surface that gives any traction, the swingarm extension allowed me to dump the clutch and spin the back tires,while keeping the front end down, the Zilla will spin because of the nature of the 2-stroke, and the greater front end weight. After about 5 races, switching riders, holding my mouth different, ect, the results were always the same. Both quads would leave equally out of the hole, the Zilla would put about 6 bike lengths on the Raptor through the gears, but after the bikes topped out they were running almost identical MPH, this was confermed when the stock Zilla ran a 14.34 at 80 mph at the drag strip, so the Zilla is quicker, not necesseraly faster. We did numerous test, 1st gear roll on, in which the Zilla murdered the Raptor, and 5th gear roll on where both bikes hung right beside each other, so In summary, a piped Raptor will not out accelerate a stock Zilla, but will run top end with one, considering you have a 14 tooth front. A few months later the Zilla was equiped with a CT pipe, K@N filter, Boyseen reeds and 1 tooth larger front, and, well, Im not going to even go into that one, you educated riders out there make your own decision.
hope that helped guys

oh yeah, I dont wanna hear no B.S about how quads are not intended to be run on paved roads

-------------------------

Old 09-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ZillaRider87, time to get that puppy freshened up, maybe treat her to a pipe even. Something is definetely amiss with that scooter.

Quick Reply: My Zilla VS Yamaharideronly's 03 Raptor