Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

HMF Slip-On for a 2004 Twin Peaks??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMF Slip-On for a 2004 Twin Peaks??

Okay, I'm sure this question has been asked before......

I need some input on putting an HMF slip-on pipe on my 04 Twin Peaks. I had an 03 KFX400 with an HMF slip-on, and while I didn't notice any real change in power..........it sounded really good. Yes, it was loud and obnoxious.....but as the H-D clan can attest - LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES.
At any rate, the HMF I had before was on a single, and I didn't HAVE to re-jet. I was wondering, if I put a slip-on on a twin, would it change the engineering of the motor's performance and require a lot of "tweaking", or will it matter a whole lot?
The responses I get will determine whether or not I go ahead and get the pipe. Oh, and before I forget, HMF is my brand of choice.......I don't care much for the Yoshi, DMC, Big Gun, FMF, Pro Circuit, or White Brothers pipes.

Thanks again!

Old 09-09-2004, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMF Slip-On for a 2004 Twin Peaks??

My service wasn't good at hmf. They said they do not have a pipe for a twin peaks. Said it wasn't same as prairi which everyone else knows it is. Talk to different people and they tell you different. Then they said I would have it that week, not called them, same thing , next week found out they had trouble making pipe. Said they had sold hundreds of them. Finally got it. the pipes are opposite the twin peaks or prairi but it does fit. Seemed to run better then the muffler mod I had. Louder than stock but not bad. This was the echo series. If I knew how loud the penland was I may have gotten it.