Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Ramsey wireless winch and the Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ramsey wireless winch and the Eiger

UPS dropped off my new winch (Ramsey 2500 wireless) today! The hard part is going to be waiting until Monday to install (too much work and going out of town this weekend).
If anyone has done one of these, any helpful hints? Also, forgive the newbie question, but the instructions refer to the cowl. What is the cowl on an ATV?

Old 10-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

dont know what the "cowl" is but i have a ramsey 2500 remote winch on my rubicon it works great. i mounted the solenoid under the rear fender, the switch on the pod in front of you, i think the eiger has one not sure. only tricky part was where to mount the reciever for the remote. i put mine under a small lid on the fenders that covers the radiator cap. it has a sticky, one sided copper tape as the antenna. try to keep that thing as dry as possilbe or it will peel off. mine is starting to but it still works. the remote works good but dont use it that much. always seem to be on the atv and giving it a little gas to get her out of a hole. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer

(Ramsey 2500 wireless)
A wireless winch... What does it use instead of wire cable? A rubber band? Fishing line? Bungee cords?

Where would we be without everything being 'remote control'. The good thing is the eiger is prewired for a winch, so all you need to do is bolt on the mounting plate and plug in thewiring harness in the front and use the existing bolt on the handlebar for the rocker switch. The solenoid needs to be wired in the rear behind the storage box.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Range Rover

A wireless winch... What does it use instead of wire cable? A rubber band? Fishing line? Bungee cords?
Ha. Actually it made sense for my application. I'm using it to lift and move a trailer around in a confined space by myself which is a lot easier if I don't have to have one hand on my handlebars back on the quad.....