Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

How much to ship an ATV overseas, and how to tell if its a SCAM???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much to ship an ATV overseas, and how to tell if its a SCAM???

Its a scam, and because others have fallen for it, its gonna continue. I got a call, supposedly from africa for my quad, and they offered 3 times what im asking. But didnt ask one question about condition, or extras, nothing. When they dont ask pertinent questions about the condition and what comes with it, and the history...you know its a scam.

Old 11-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

Whenever something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Old 11-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

Ask him for a western union money transfer or a paypal direct bank account transfer. anybody else out there and correct me if im wrong but once you recieve payment through western union or paypal that money's yours cant really fraud that. most likely its a scam so push em to the wall and if they crumble its a scam if not they're highly uninteligent and youve found the missing link between humans and apes

Old 11-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like a SCAM.. I just sold a bike to a guy in florida and i am in CA. I was extreamly nervous. He gave me a cashiers check I cashed it first and made 110% sure it was real before I would release the bike. He paid for shipping himself and I was never a part of that. Sending something out of the state has much larger issues.

Old 11-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

well i havent ever had it on ebay...just listed it on the ATV connection forums and on a local forums...i think its a scam...

Old 11-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

One of the most popular SCAMs there are. DO NOT DO IT. It does sound good, too good to be true though!!!
I almost fell for that once! DONT DO IT MAN! Fake cashiers check for sure!!

Old 11-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

I went through this same story when I was trying to sell my Zilla. I had it advertised on the ATVConnection Classifieds, and that is where "he" found it. I received an E-Mail concerning strictly money, no questions about the bike, no haggling the price or anything. About 5 days later I got a "Money Order" in the mail for $9500. I was only asking $4200 for the bike! I called the bank that the MO was on (Miami, Florida) and the lady at the bank actually read the account numbers to ME. Of course, the check was bogus and I turned it over to the International Trades Commission and the FBI. Nothing ever happened, but I did sell the Zilla for REAL money!

Old 11-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

LT2fiddy,IT'S A SCAM!!I got BURNT FROM a person that said they would pay what you want for the quad and sent extra money to cover the shipping cost,what they do it make it seem real and send you a bogus check or in my case a cashier's check.DO NOT FALL FOR IT!!!Lucky for me they did'nt get my quad,but a man in WEST BRANCH MI. was',t so lucky,he lost a Full dresser Harley and has to pay for the money the bank honered him in his Fake check,like $13,800.

Old 11-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Don't do pay pal or western union or anything with this person,unless they agree to get a US POSTAL MONEY ORDER.I've been getting feed back that they are stinging people with western union and in pay pal.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't even bother wasting your time. there is no way thay will send you any "real" money because the bottom line is that they have no intentions of buying your quad.

The same thing with the overseas scams where they are selling a quad at a low price with free shipping. There is no way to figure out a 'safe' way to buy the quad because there is no quad to begin with.

Jaybee

Quick Reply: How much to ship an ATV overseas, and how to tell if its a SCAM???