Hi! (From new Zuki owner.)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 09:07 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi! (From new Zuki owner.)

11/14/2004

Hiya all!

I'm a new owner of a King Quad. Does anyone know the best way to dry the belt on 2005 King Quad? I had it in some really deep water and it is slipping like crazy. I can't find anyway to drain the Belt case and I tried reving it in neutral but as of lastnight it was still slipping at medium and higher throttle use. (Pics are in my profile.)

Oh and what is the best method to remove those small Damn body panel buttons. The large ones are no trouble but those little ones are a pain....

This is my first new ATV but the owners manual sucks... So I guess a service manual is in my future.

Oh and this thing Rocks...! Can't compare it to other 4X4 ATV's but it really has been a pleasure so far.

Thanks,

Ed "Hibrass" Harley

Old 11-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome aboard! There should be a nut, behind the floor board, directly center, on the underside of the belt housing. How deep was that water? I've had my Vinson to the top of the fenders, and luckily, the belt has never slipped. As for the fasteners-I use a small flat head while pushing from the back. The ones I've lost have been replaced with Ford push-in fastners. I've also got some that the "button" has a phillips head in it and is threaded. They work just like the stock fasteners, only they thread in and out instead of pushing in/out. I got both sets at Auto Zone for the price of 2 Suzuki fasteners. I doubt that anyone has a good manual yet. A friend of mine owns repairmanuals.com Check there.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Range Rover

4X

Now that the mud is off I'll check again for that plug. The water was nearly 3ft deep in one hole. Which put the water just short of the air intake and over the fenders.... It was a bit dicey... :-)

Thanks for the AutoZone suggestion I lost a couple of connectors in the mud and need to replace them and the those screw in one sound like the ticket to replace those others... I checked out repairmanuals.com and they didn't have a source for the 2005 King Quad so I put in a request, Thanks for that link!

I soon as my Photo Gallery gets approved you can see some picks of the Lake we were riding in... LOL

Hibrass

Old 11-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

No problem. Looking forward to your pic.s. Len, the guy that owns repman.com is a great guy. We spent 3 days riding the H/M together. I'm sure there is a drain plug on your belt housing. Check these shots out. They ATVRider Reader Ride. I'm the dude on the DUH, Vinson.
http://www.motocom.com/gallery/slide...1&slide_full=1

Old 11-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Range Rover

4X

Nice pictures! Friends and I were looking at doing a trip to Logan! I have family in North Central WV and as a matter of fact I'm loading up for deer season in a week... So I'm going to have a chance to test out the King Quad from the Swamps of Florida to the Wet mountains of WV all in about one weeks time... Should be fun.

Oh and my Pic's appear to be up now!

Hibrass

Old 11-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Did you find the drain plug? Hatfield McCoy was a BLAST! If you get into Matewan, check w/ Outback ATV . We used a guide-Todd Nenni so we could rip w/out using maps. We rode Rockhouse the 2nd day, and ditched the guide-or should I say he followed us-too slow! Pineville was ridden the last day. Very scenic. You ought to think about riding w/ us on next year's ATVRider Reader ride. If you private message me your email, I'll keep you up to speed. We had 3 groups-fast, med. and beginner. We're talking about doing some different things next yr. As in a Poker run, etc. I'm working on the shirt designs, etc. Check out my article on younger riders in the Dec. issue of ATVRider. "Which Age Is The Right Age" is the title. The issue has the KQ on the cover.
Later.

Old 11-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Range Rover

4X,

Sounds like a hell of a ride! I PM'd my eMail to you.

And there is no Belt case drain plug that I can find. But there is a large vent pipe (about 2.5 inches) leading from the rear of case over the rear diff and exiting just under the rear deck plastic. For now we are assuming that we can tip the bike on its rear and any water in the case should drain that way. We will find out tomorrow...

Thanks for the advise!

Hibrass

Old 11-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

I can't imagine the there not being a drain. I'm going down to the 'Zuk dealer tomorrow, I'll check on the KQ belt assemb. I'll keep you abreast on the ride!

Old 11-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Range Rover

The Service manual from Suzuki is out and available. I picked mine up last week. They are very valuable to have.

I looked for a drain on mine as well but didn't find one. I read that there is one but it is under the skidplate. That's pretty dumb. You should be able to drain most of the water out if you lift it up onto the rear rack. Hopefully, you didn't slip the belt too much or you could of glazed it.

Old 11-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Range Rover

Topgun,

Thanks for the headup on the Manual... I will check with the Dealer this week. I hope I didn't glaze the belt but I put the bike up after it started slipping so hopefully no harm was done.

My buddy is putting the bike up on a lift today.. If we find that plug I will be modifing the skid plate so that I can access it in the future.. I will let everyone know what I learn later today...

Thanks,

Hibrass

Quick Reply: Hi! (From new Zuki owner.)